GMAC / Blackwell / AO to Siena [Official] | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

GMAC / Blackwell / AO to Siena [Official]

Move Griffin to guards. And…what the hell….. he brought Louie to Georgetown so why not bring him here.

Toga, I’ll cover the main campus and the TU if you’ve got exit 24
country music GIF by Chris LeDoux

Hop was really close with Griff and Red but not as much with GMAC IMO. GMAC was more with JAB. Every time I saw him in Seattle over the years which was only like 5 times he would talk about Red and Griff and how often he talks to them but never mentioned JAB or GMAC at all. I kind of wondered if Red would mix it up when he first got the job and move on from Gerry but that never happened and this is the perfect way to do it. I would be surprised if Red doesn't go with someone outside that people are talking about. I really feel everything is moving in the right direction and think Red will continue to have more success.
Hop was close with Gerry. He was his recruiter that got him to Syracuse. There was talk when Hop got the job that he was going to take Gerry. But that was never the case.

Siena is not an easy job.

success is demanded.

and its demanded quickly.

their fans and alumni all act like theyre dook.

he will have a 1 year honeymoon and year 2 better be 20 wins and/or a near the top of the conf finish with a deep MAAC tourney run and year 3 the same or hes gone.

if he does right in year 1 or 2, id get out then, but success after 3 years must mean a trade up.

imo this is a gamble for him, hes likely making more $$$ at Cuse.

shows great self confidence and balls.

but i guess we shouldnt be surprised.

maybe he will move into Forth's town and the 2 of them will team up to win championship after championship in the local rec over 40 league.

Siena is not an easy job.

success is demanded.

and its demanded quickly.

their fans and alumni all act like theyre dook.

he will have a 1 year honeymoon and year 2 better be 20 wins and/or a near the top of the conf finish with a deep MAAC tourney run and year 3 the same or hes gone.

if he does right in year 1 or 2, id get out then, but success after 3 years must mean a trade up.

imo this is a gamble for him, hes likely making more $$$ at Cuse.

shows great self confidence and balls.

but i guess we shouldnt be surprised.

maybe he will move into Forth's town and the 2 of them will team up to win championship after championship in the local rec over 40 league.
It is his time to go for it. Sometimes you need to make a little less to make more in the long term. I hope he crushes it there, just never defeats SU.

I don’t want to get all emotional here (you know tough guy stuff) but GMAC has meant more to this program in multiple ways than just about anyone. This is a sad and happy day all in one but this dude is all Orange and I’d take him back in a NY min. You guys don’t realize how respected he was on the trail…

I don’t want to get all emotional here (you know tough guy stuff) but GMAC has meant more to this program in multiple ways than just about anyone. This is a sad and happy day all in one but this dude is all Orange and I’d take him back in a NY min. You guys don’t realize how respected he was on the trail…
I totally agree with this.

I got weirdly choked up when I was telling the wife GMAC was leaving... Just yesterday I was out someplace and we saw him. I told her he might be taking the Siena job. She said "Don't believe everything you read on Syracusefan.com." :p

It's going to be strange not having GMAC around town.

wont it be like a 4-5 yr contract . pretty much set for life if he wants. do well and on to better things. do poorly you just bank the money

Gerry will be huge loss for this program, but it’s time for him to take a head coaching job. He will do a great job. Gerry was relentless in spending time with players to improve. Hours a day helping players to grow. We need a recruiter, but we also need someone that is tireless in spending time with players to develop their skills. We should have more than enough money to attract a major talent. I’m sure Red already had a list in place months ago. We absolutely have to kill it in the portal. We need upper level talent coming in that meet all the needs we currently lack. Selective and purposeful with whoever they bring in. We need complete players that play on both ends of the court that are tough and leaders. We need a little DART in the basketball program.
Player development is not as important as relationships and recruiting acumen in the portal era.

That’s true, but we haven’t signed many top players until the last year. We’ve struggled with top line recruits in the past ten years.

The bird needs to leave the nest at some point...or he's gonna starve. GMAC has paid his dues and he'll get his chance to fly.

That’s true, but we haven’t signed many top players until the last year. We’ve struggled with top line recruits in the past ten years.
Very happy for you and your family Gerry.

Watched every game you played.

As a player you are all over the record book, setting the SU career marks for free throw percentage, three point shots and minutes played. You finished as fourth all-time leading scorer, third in assists and second in steals. And you, IMO, left behind behind a legacy of thrilling all Syracuse fans for four seasons.

Go to Siena and get them to be great, as great as you can. And maybe go from there and be even better.

Personally, I would have had you as the HC at SU. But the way things worked out this year I think it’s better for you this way.

Congratulations Gerry!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom