GMAC / Blackwell / AO to Siena [Official] | Page 23 | Syracusefan.com

GMAC / Blackwell / AO to Siena [Official]

Sound familiar? We haven’t had one since Ennis.
Star Player

IMG_9909.jpeg

Loudonville>Inner City Buffalo...Anyone saying Canisius is in play has never been near Siena...Siena's basically next to a Country Club in an upscale suburb of Albany that puts F-M or J-D to shame. Canisius is near a crime infested part of Buffalo...I'd rather raise my kids in Loudonville than have to commute into a place where gun violence is prevalent.
This is a good job even if the conference isn’t awash in TV money. A10 has been neutered there isn’t much between any of the east coast conferences after the Big East see FDU taking down a 1 seed. Probably very easy to recruit head to head vs other MAAC schools for the reasons you mention.

Big arena and large casual fanbase to pull from.

Wonder how he builds his team I’d probably go for guys at the end of major program benches vs HS kids who will be gone after their first year if they have decent stats.

Crazy seeing highlights from the 2020 season. So dystopian. What's even crazier is that there are multiple players on that team that could've still been playing for Cuse this last season!
Feels like guys like Alan Griffin and Woody Newton never played here.

This is a good job even if the conference isn’t awash in TV money. A10 has been neutered there isn’t much between any of the east coast conferences after the Big East see FDU taking down a 1 seed. Probably very easy to recruit head to head vs other MAAC schools for the reasons you mention.

Big arena and large casual fanbase to pull from.

Wonder how he builds his team I’d probably go for guys at the end of major program benches vs HS kids who will be gone after their first year if they have decent stats.
Good opportunity for Gerry. Not sure I sign off on the A10 comment, but will be interesting to watch his roster build. Should tell us a ton about their NIL pockets.

Behind the scenes he negotiated a great deal like a seasoned veteran. One of my friends is very very close to Coach Will Brown. Coach Brown knew that Gerry was Siena’s #1 choice, but also Gerry required “4 or 5 things” including a set amount specifically for NIL that even he wasn’t sure would get done. Apparently that is what has taken the last 3-4 days to finalize. Will Brown told my friend that he might become Siena’s coach almost out of default if they didn’t agree to all of Gerry’s needs/wants! Ultimately great for Gerry!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom