GMac | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

GMac

if you were to throw gerry's name into a basket of chex mix filled with all the young prospective HC coaches names and passed it around at a party full of top ncaa programs i believe little gerry would be the last brazil nut chosen in the entire tasty bowl.

if you were to throw gerry's name into a basket of chex mix filled with all the young prospective HC coaches names and passed it around at a party full of top ncaa programs i believe little gerry would be the last brazil nut chosen in the entire tasty bowl.
Basket of chex mix-last brazil nut? I guess that's your clever way of saying you're not a GMac fan.

is there any evidence whatsoever that he is a capable D1 coach ? anything. just throw me one cashew.

I am not sold on GMac but he was kept and Wildhack valued him.
I wouldn't have minded if GMac went to Washington.
He was given a raise to stay here.

A lot of harshness on this board aimed at GMac. Just wondering if JB and MH ever come in for any criticism re the state of the program right now.

A lot of harshness on this board aimed at GMac. Just wondering if JB and MH ever come in for any criticism re the state of the program right now.
GMac didn't pay his dues. He got an assistant job after serving a director of basketball operations one year. If Bernie never happens he doesn't become an assistant so soon.

GMac was in charge of the guards and his comments on Cooney hurt him with the fanbase.
GMac was the recruiter this past summer and went up against sharks and lost.

He is staying but people see this as a results oriented business. I liked him as a player but as a coach I am not sold yet.

JB called him a great recruiter. Which if you listen to our recruiting guy Francis paints another picture.

JB went with GMac to see Tucker that is the best news the last week. Not that GMac went to Georgia but JB actually did.

I think that Gmac has potential to become a solid coach possibly a head coach at a d2 school. I could see him going to a lower level d1

This really isn't a shot at Gmac I just don't see him as a head coach at a big time school, he just doesn't seem to have the personality for it. I think this also hurts him on the recruiting trail, but who knows I could be totally off.

i'll give gerry the same advice i gave hopkins 20 years ago. go coach. earn your wings . and then maybe down the road we can talk. til then you're just a baby bird in the nest living on pre chewed worms.

GMac didn't pay his dues. He got an assistant job after serving a director of basketball operations one year. If Bernie never happens he doesn't become an assistant so soon.

GMac was in charge of the guards and his comments on Cooney hurt him with the fanbase.
GMac was the recruiter this past summer and went up against sharks and lost.

He is staying but people see this as a results oriented business. I liked him as a player but as a coach I am not sold yet.

JB called him a great recruiter. Which if you listen to our recruiting guy Francis paints another picture.

JB went with GMac to see Tucker that is the best news the last week. Not that GMac went to Georgia but JB actually did.

You didn't address my point in the 2nd sentence.

You didn't address my point in the 2nd sentence.
I hammer JB all the time. I hate how we never change and we don't seem to fill our scholarships up when we have depth issues.

Hopkins was killed last January when he was HC. That hurt him personally as he thought he had more good will.

I think Hop has shown he can get results as a recruiter. GMac has not shown anything.

GMac shouldn't get the patience though that JB and Hop have earned thru results.

I believe he called the 87 WVU game. Pitches to Owens, Yes! Yes! Yes!

HoustonCuse Put his name in the search feature. There is a really funny thread about him. I love him in a very he is syracuse SUper Sports kind of way.

He will never be a head coach at syracuse.

I truly hope so. I'm not sure why he's even on our bench. Gave up on overseas too early for our own good.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom