Go #24 - end your career a champion(again)! | Syracusefan.com

Go #24 - end your career a champion(again)!

Cuseregular

Hall of Fame
So weird to hear Jeff Gordon cheered so lustily after winning last week at Martinsville after a career of being booed.

I've checked out of following NASCAR ever since they went Hollywood for the lack of a better phrase about 5-10 years ago but always loved Gordon from day one. He was hated when Earnhardt Sr. was alive and thriving but it was such a good rivalry and apparently friendly rivalry as revealed later. Nascars hey day in the 90's.

Gotta admit I'm paying attention lately would love to see this class act go out a winner. Go Gordon take it home at Homestead!

So weird to hear Jeff Gordon cheered so lustily after winning last week at Martinsville after a career of being booed.

I've checked out of following NASCAR ever since they went Hollywood for the lack of a better phrase about 5-10 years ago but always loved Gordon from day one. He was hated when Earnhardt Sr. was alive and thriving but it was such a good rivalry and apparently friendly rivalry as revealed later. Nascars hey day in the 90's.

Gotta admit I'm paying attention lately would love to see this class act go out a winner. Go Gordon take it home at Homestead!
I can't remember the specifics but years ago every once in awhile we would get phone calls intended for Gordon. My then wife ended up speaking with Gordon's wife on a couple of occasions. Said she seemed very nice. Cool story I know.

Time has a way of turning heels into heros.

Time has a way of turning heels into heros.
true, but as far as I could tell he was never one of those. unless I missed something in my self imposed hiatus away from paying attention the last 5 years he's always been a pretty above board guy.

true, but as far as I could tell he was never one of those. unless I missed something in my self imposed hiatus away from paying attention the last 5 years he's always been a pretty above board guy.

When he first came on the scene he was hated by everyone outside of his particular fanbase for various reasons. One of which was that awful mustache he used to wear.