Go, Badgers... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Go, Badgers...

SoBeCuse said:
I think you're the only one. Except for opposing PAC 12 teams. He seems like a cool cat on the court to me.

Maybe it's just because he's on Arizona. Their fans annoy me. Can't finish a sentence without screaming about east coast bias.

First team I have rooted for since we lost that actually won.
Downside is I am rooting for 3 B1G teams in the FF.

Man, that was some serious emotion in that Bo Ryan interview.

Rooting for "Sconnie" from here on out!

My friend Chuck loved his Badgers as much as I love SU. I am so happy about this game.

Same although I never have disliked Arizona. I have quite a few good friends who are Badger alums or from WI.

Okay, it's been a week since we stopped playing this season. I need someone to root for.

My longtime significant other (sadly, deceased) graduated from Wisconsin and was a huge Badger fan. I feel some kind of cosmic pull telling me to root for the Badgers tonight.

Born in Milwaukee. Still have tons of relatives there.

Ryan is a good coach. Hated Miller when he was at Pitt.

Go Badgers.

I can't find anyone to root for. But I'm still watching the games. I think I hate basketball. Refs and replay are ruining it.

Am I the only one that has hated nick Johnson all season?
Nope, I can't stand him either. I can admit he's a very good player but he's a prima donna - and his acting job at the end of the game tonight only proves that

Am I the only one that has hated nick Johnson all season? He seems so smug and arrogant.

Count me in as a hater. So glad it was him who had the chance to win and blew it.

And thanks to him, I believe I have now won the wife's office bracket pool for the second year in a row! Show me the money!

Best fight song in US. (It was also my high school's fight song... "Onward Pleasantville").

What's the best fight song outside the US?

I heard Tony Greene started thinking about tonight's call around the time of the Syracuse v Duke game. He knew he would be reffing the Arizona v Wisconsin game in the elite 8, and that it would be OT and that with 3 seconds left Nick Johnson would push off and he could decide the game by calling the offensive foul. He dreamed about the call for weeks, and thought how he would make the call if it happened. For a warm up he made a similar call against Syracuse in the Duke game so he could test out the game deciding call, and would be better prepared for tonight!!!!!

Best fight song in US. (It was also my high school's fight song... "Onward Pleasantville").

Used to live in Pleasantville, NY. Bought a little condo there right after I was married. A pleasant little town. The name fits it very well.

I can't find anyone to root for. But I'm still watching the games. I think I hate basketball. Refs and replay are ruining it.

I just can't watch anymore, the officiating has absolutely ruined basketball to me. For right I've moved on to Flyers hockey since my wife is a big fan and I've thrown the towel in on the Devils.

Used to live in Pleasantville, NY. Bought a little condo there right after I was married. A pleasant little town. The name fits it very well.

Motto of Pleasantville: "All the name implies." (seriously).

Last edited:
Anyone think, two months ago that neither Syracuse not Arizona would be in the final four?

I think Arizona at full strength was best team in country. Ashley injury was gonna cost them eventually.

Motto of Pleasantville: "All the name implies." (seriously).

I lived in a little condo called ledge rock gardens off of Bedford road during my early married days. It was a very short commute to Armonk
(IBM was my first company out of
SU). Spent a great 18 years there!

I lived in a little condo called ledge rock gardens off of Bedford road during my early married days. It was a very short commute to Armonk
(IBM was my first company out of
SU). Spent a great 18 years there!
Too funny. I lived in Armonk as a child. Armonk was too small to have a high school (it was pre-IBM). We were bused to high school in Pleasantville. It was my "short commute" for four years!

Too funny. I lived in Armonk as a child. Armonk was too small to have a high school (it was pre-IBM). We were bused to high school in Pleasantville. It was my "short commute" for four years!

I was good friends with John Farrington the mayor of Pleasantville. We worked together at IBM for a long time. And Dave Ammerman from Armonk (worked with him at IBM). Figured you might know the families.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom