Go Colgate! | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Go Colgate!

And they were a team from a p-5 conference. Not some team from the Patriot league that was never going to beat a team like Ark. Today was as good as it ever was going to be. So if you or i have a one on one game with Buddy B and we hit the first four shots from downtown, Buddy refusing to go out that far, and then we miss, and Buddy beats us 15-4, we choked? He is a better basketball player and we weren't going to win. It is really demeaning to a team that played their best but just aren't in the same league as the guys they were playing.
I'm not trying to demean Colgate I picked them to win and was rooting for them. They had a 14 point lead and in a matter of minutes were down 3. They fell apart. Arkansas is not Gonzaga or Illinois they were beatable.

Colgate should have been a 12 or 13 not 14. No non-con games killed them

I'm not trying to demean Colgate I picked them to win and was rooting for them. They had a 14 point lead and in a matter of minutes were down 3. They fell apart. Arkansas is not Gonzaga or Illinois they were beatable.
Not by Colgate they weren't. I think that you picked them in your bracket has clouded your thinking. They grab the lead and you are thinking how smart you are (everyone, including me, does this) and reality sets in and we want to blame the bad pick we made.

You miss the major point. They don't have to be against Colgate. It would have been great if Colgate could have won. Or even hung in to the end. But that wasn't in the cards. The difference in athletes was too great. Choking had nothing to do with it. If they were going to choke, they wouldn't have showed up and had the lead. They did their best and it wasn't near good enough. It will happen to them again when they play the Orange at the dome this coming fall/early winter.
I agree that Colgate was just overmatched and could not handle the pressure of more athletic defenders. They could not handle fast breaks. When they were making shots, they could set up on defense.

Colgate should have been a 12 or 13 not 14. No non-con games killed them
I disagree with that. They aren't that good. Just who were they going to beat in the OC that would have lifted them to a 12?

I disagree with that. They aren't that good. Just who were they going to beat in the OC that would have lifted them to a 12?
They have talent covid only allowed them to play 5 teams that hurt him. Had we played them in December this year. It might have been the year they got us.

They’re higher in Kenpom than 4 ACC teams (including Pitt who swept us). If they scheduled 3 high majors, 10 low majors, and go 10-3 and then 17-1 in Patriot League with advanced metrics having them as a top 75ish team they land on the 12/13 line.

Idk if you’re watching Utah State but they aren’t much better than Colgate.

They’re higher in Kenpom than 4 ACC teams (including Pitt who swept us). If they scheduled 3 high majors, 10 low majors, and go 10-3 and then 17-1 in Patriot League with advanced metrics having them as a top 75ish team they land on the 12/13 line.

They would not have beat the Pitt team that beat us.

They have talent covid only allowed them to play 5 teams that hurt him. Had we played them in December this year. It might have been the year they got us.
LOL true. But that would have been a lot more about us than them.

I am not.

That same full-rostered Pitt that lost to St. Francis PA?
By the way, that is a fun game. We can match up teams all the way to some d-2 teams beating the top of the big 10 teams.

By the way, that is a fun game. We can match up teams all the way to some d-2 teams beating the top of the big 10 teams.
I mean it’s not a stretch at all to say Colgate would hold their own with the bottom four teams of the ACC but being a smartazz is more fun. I won’t get in the way of you enjoying your afternoon

I mean it’s not a stretch at all to say Colgate would hold their own with the bottom four teams of the ACC but being a smartazz is more fun. I won’t get in the way of you enjoying your afternoon
I think it is a stretch. I think they would have been doing great if they could go 1-3 against the bottom four of B.C., Wake, Pitt and Miami. But I rooted for them today and wish them well. I just looked at their schedule. They beat Holy Cross 4 times. They beat Boston University (I was accepted there but of course went to Syracuse so I always root for the Terriers) 5 times. They beat Army 3 of 4. I think it is a stretch to see them beating ACC teams . Call me crazy. They have played a ACC team for the last 100 years, us, when is the last time they beat us or even gave us a great game? Oddly, they could of beat us the year after Foyle went there. I might add, that I would root madly for Colgate against any of those teams.

Last edited:
Even when they were winning you could tell Colgate would collapse and not cover.

Got suckered into betting them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom