Go...dook... | Syracusefan.com

Go...dook...

adk(roc)CUSE

All Conference
A win by them tonight amazingly pulls Syracuse within a game of fist place in the ACC. It's a log jam but who could have even imagined we'd have a shot at the regular season conference title just a couple weeks ago?

Ps. I do feel dirty for the thread title

I don't think we have a shot at catching Carolina. They are essentially three games up on us since they have the tiebreaker. I'm pulling for Carolina so that Duke drops further behind us.

This is my take as well. I would love to see SU finish in the top 4. Catching UNC isn't likely to happen. We are tied with Lville and Duke in the loss column and one behind UVA and FSU, both of whom we have beaten so we own the tie breaker with them. Duke losing helps us more right now than UNC losing which is pretty meaningless to SU IMO.

Plus I'll be watching with a Duke fan I know so if they lose I will have even more fun.

There is no possible context where Duke losing is NOT a good thing!

OK, how about - when they are playing against Georgetown? :noidea:

(my answer there, always, is - I root for the meteor strike) :cool:

rebus1.png

OK, how about - when they are playing against Georgetown? :noidea:

(my answer there, always, is - I root for the meteor strike) :cool:

I can't answer this question. It's like can God create rock so big that even he can't life it?

Want Duke to be ranked as high as possible when we play them...so when we beat them our win is worth more. So let them beat UNC.

That's a really good reason but you are not taking into account what the Duke fans would feel if they won.

Fair points on wanting UNC to win. but I got my eyes on the prize, feeling anything is possible all of a sudden. This crazy season has been such a Rollercoaster. hope it's a good game and the same with UCLA/Oregon after. College hoops, best sport in all the land.

No matter what happens tonight there re pros and cons for either team winning. I agree with the majority here - our chances of wiining the ACC regular season title is miniscule. Duke losing tonight definitely hurts their chances of getting a top 4 seed in the ACC, which is the double bye. I think that is our most important goal right now, playing only 6.5 guys we need to get a bye those first 2 rounds.

Duke winning does open up the chance of UNC getting caught but the chances of us outplaying them by 2 games the rest of the way seems too difficult

if the last game of the season comes and we are 2 UNC losses away because we screwed up and rooted for UNC over Duke thats the cross we have to bare.

the reality is very hard to see us running the table so we really are 4 losses behind UNC even at 5-1. much easier to hope we go 4-2 and that UNC beats Duke twice so we end up ahead of them. If Duke beats UNC twice then they probably finish ahead of us anyway.

Over and under on how any trips tonight... 2

Also did your girlfriend make you say " go Duke"?

Last edited: