Go 'Gate !! | Syracusefan.com

Go 'Gate !!

Fargo Dome shuts off the lights for pre-game intros ala NBA. That will be pretty cool when the Carrier Dome has that upgrade

My goodness. Kudos to these challenged FCS "student athletes" for somehow being capable of dealing with the academic pressures of higher education all the while still able to manage participating in a true playoff. I realize their coursework/degrees are no where near the strenuous rigors as their FBS brethren, but still, hats off to them! ;);)

2nd and 10, at the 50 yard line with just under a minute left and you have 1 timeout. So you run the ball up the middle. In a Dome. Get 1 yard. The 3rd down snap comes with 29 seconds left.

Wow.

Per Sagarin Rankings, NDSU would be the 2nd best team in the ACC. They would definitely win a G5 conference. What a talented team.

Per Sagarin Rankings, NDSU would be the 2nd best team in the ACC. They would definitely win a G5 conference. What a talented team.
Not sure what their depth is...if they moved up the grind of playing bigger, stronger teams every week would take its toll.

My goodness. Kudos to these challenged FCS "student athletes" for somehow being capable of dealing with the academic pressures of higher education all the while still able to manage participating in a true playoff. I realize their coursework/degrees are no where near the strenuous rigors as their FBS brethren, but still, hats off to them! ;);)
My admiration goes to their conferences for giving all those millions in bowl money to the NCAA to run the championship.

You must think UCF would win a P5 division also? Sure these teams are talented and fun. Playing a full P5 schedule, the physical and mental rigors week after week is the difference. Its easy to get up for your only P5 matchup as your opponent is coming off a few P5 battles.

I still remember NDSU's offensive line manhandling Iowa a few years ago. Nothing has changed with this team other than the changing of player names. they have a D1 line and a very good D. They could absolutely play in D1 and succeed.

Fargo Dome shuts off the lights for pre-game intros ala NBA. That will be pretty cool when the Carrier Dome has that upgrade
I've been saying it for a while now. Shut off the lights in the dome (although a nooner with a see through roof won't be as dramatic) as the team is lined up in the tunnel. Then start with the intro part of Cochise by Audioslave. It has the perfect slow, steady, ominous build up for 48 seconds. Then when the drop hits at the 49 second mark of the song, players run out through an explosion of smoke and maybe lasers. The crowd is now frothing at the mouth with the anticipation of a complete beatdown.
Close your eyes, and imagine that scenario as you play the song. Really do it. Just like Dino at his opening presser...close your eyes and picture it.

I've been saying it for a while now. Shut off the lights in the dome (although a nooner with a see through roof won't be as dramatic) as the team is lined up in the tunnel. Then start with the intro part of Cochise by Audioslave. It has the perfect slow, steady, ominous build up for 48 seconds. Then when the drop hits at the 49 second mark of the song, players run out through an explosion of smoke and maybe lasers. The crowd is now frothing at the mouth with the anticipation of a complete beatdown.
Close your eyes, and imagine that scenario as you play the song. Really do it. Just like Dino at his opening presser...close your eyes and picture it.

We are testing the Orange color from new LED fixtures (Wed of this week I believe) on the Dome ceiling and Basketball floor to see how it looks.

We are testing the Orange color from new LED fixtures (Wed of this week I believe) on the Dome ceiling and Basketball floor to see how it looks.
Bad planning...need to test them the Friday and Monday surrounding the Duke game. Dangerous job so a safety rep needs to be there.

Bad planning...need to test them the Friday and Monday surrounding the Duke game. Dangerous job so a safety rep needs to be there.

Ha Ha, I like it!!!! I better make some calls.

Except none of the kids have probably heard of Audioslave. Play what gets the kids hyped for the game.

Except none of the kids have probably heard of Audioslave. Play what gets the kids hyped for the game.
That would matter if we were trying to sell Audioslave records. It's just about using a song that creates a buildup to an explosion. A song that uses a slow crescendo.
Somebody better tell the Virginia Tech Kids that Enter Sandman is 30 years older than Cochise. They must not know.

Testing cancelled for this week. The University needs to decide what they want to accomplish with the color changing light before the demonstration can commence.

So, at least we know they are looking at color changing LED fixtures.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom