Go Stony Brook | Syracusefan.com

Go Stony Brook

Why is Vermont wearing ugly volleyball uniforms??????

That was 1 happy fan base to know they won't be watching the NIT.

Don't know if anyone else actually watched the game, but those referees are yet another example of why college basketball is on the decline.

Warney is a man and should have played for us.

CuseFaninVT said:
Don't know if anyone else actually watched the game, but those referees are yet another example of why college basketball is on the decline. Warney is a man and should have played for us.

I watched it all and made comment on how he is 1000 times better than coleman and roberson

I watched it all and made comment on how he is 1000 times better than coleman and roberson

I don't recall facing many guys better than him either this season. He's a beast. Strong soft hands that grab the ball and don't let it go until it's going in the basket. Like to see the retro big man game once in a while.

I kept thinking to myself...where was he going and why didn't he qualify??

He was not a 'Stoney Brook' player.

KaiserUEO said:
I kept thinking to myself...where was he going and why didn't he qualify?? He was not a 'Stoney Brook' player.

Right? Amazing

Good for Stonybrook, and haha Vermont, enjoy that chokejob.

Let's just say there were a couple things Becker did badly in the second half, but having your senior leading big man injure his knee and get called for an absolute horsesh!t call to foul out was anything but a choke job. The refs absolutely decided that game. How they call either flagrant in the game was beyond ridiculous, especially when they called the shoulder to the head pick a common foul was just stupid. And I didn't realize that ducking under your own man and then stepping in front of a driving guard meant you were still in legal guarding position and would be a charge.

My brother is a SB alumnus, but is provably less excited than those in this thread. I enjoy when when SUNY schools get a bid. Go Stony Brook!

My wife is a SB alum. Very frustrating watching them lose the championship game 4 out of the last 5 years. Was at UAlbany last year to see Peter Hooley's last second chaotic three beat them. Tough to watch. Warney is special; he would have been a difference maker if he had played at SU too; but he was loyal to SB when some bigger boys came calling at the end of his recruitment. This was probably SB's last shot for a while with Warney being a senior. Go Seawolves!

Regarding qualifying at Stony Brook, my one of my favorite hoops stories involves a good player for them about ten years ago; when one of my team's assistants (who you may have seen on the opposing bench during Syracuse's loss on Wednesday) was asked by a reporter why we never recruited their best player. His off the record answer: "he didn't have a ----- transcript." Not hyperbole, not a bad transcript. No high school transcript.

Given their big investment last decade and their complete lack of standards, I'm surprised it's taken Stony Brook this long to make some noise.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom