GO SU Women!!! | Syracusefan.com

GO SU Women!!!

llandz

Living Legend
Let me know if anyone wants to go in the chat room. Watching now. It was moved from ESPN to ESPN2. Watching and working at the same time... GO SU WOMEN!!!!!

Guess we weren't "sneaking" up on them this time. 17-31

Let me know if anyone wants to go in the chat room. Watching now. It was moved from ESPN to ESPN2. Watching and working at the same time... GO SU WOMEN!!!!!
Shortest game thread I've ever seen. What a horrible effort from the ladies. Program is stuck in neutral.

Hopefully with Gross gone Q will be fired. Decent recruiter. Absolutely awful coach.

I give Q a lot of credit. Before he got there, NCAA tournament berths weren't exactly a regular occurrence and he's gotten us there three years in a row. So I think it's fair to say he's gotten the program to a level it hasn't been before, or at least for a long time.

But that being said, I'm no expert but I agree with those who say he isn't the best game coach. I knew it would be tough on the road last night but I at least expected to be competitive. There were several close games this year that we came close and would have really been statements if we could have pulled them out but just couldn't get it done and it's frustrating - South Carolina, Baylor, Notre Dame, at Duke. I really think Q benefitted when Rick Moody was on the staff to help him out as he had years of head coaching experience at Alabama

To be fair, Coach Q has had devastating injuries derail the team the last 2 years right before the NCAA's. Brittany Sykes, the team's leading scorer (almost 17 points/game) was lost last year in the 1st game of the NCAA's with a torn ACL. This year Bittany returned for only a couple of games only to re-injure her knee and was lost for this entire year again. Then Diamond Henderson, the team's 3rd leading scorer (over 10 points/game) ended her career with a torn ACL in the last regular season game just Feb 26th.

Tough to re-tool missing such crucial players , especially right before the NCAA's and playing the #1 team in the nation in just the second round. With his full court pressure defense, having a missing starter was coupled with the obvious shortening of the bench. Ideally, 2 players who started yesterday would have been great bench players without those injuries. The development of Alexis Peterson from her freshman year (3ppg) to this, her sophomore season, has been astounding (16ppg). She has a balanced offense - both an inside and outside game. They only lose Diamond Henderson so they should (barring injuries) be a good team next year hopefully making it past the 2nd round.

That said, personally I don't like his bench demeanor during the game. He's constantly standing, yelling, screaming instructions during the game. Even if the players like him, at some point, they have to turn him off to even focus on playing. 95% of coaching is done in practices, not in the games. Enough from me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bspencer309

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom