Goal: start the new year 11-2 | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Goal: start the new year 11-2

That would mean losses to three of Oklahoma State, Iowa, Penn State/Ole Miss & Georgetown.

I would be somewhat disappointed if that happens.

I think we have to be super realistic about what this team can and cannot do.

The one guy that can really create off the dribble was demoted and is now out for the year.

We don’t have a true playmaker at the 1 and our best passer (Marek) is pressed to play the 5 spot.

The staff seems to love landing combo 2s, 3s and Canadian 4s who need to be reminded that they are 4s.

This team won’t have quit, but they won’t have a lot of things to give confidence that we can breeze past weaker-branded programs.

carey has never shown he could create off the dribble, unless you mean ceate TOs on a fast break by dribbling off his foot.

Girard can penetrate, but it’s going to be to penetrate and kick. It won’t be finishing for himself.

The ball movement is already better than it’s been the past 5 years. It would seem our offensive strategy isa bit different than it’s been in the past. That can be a good thing.

If we go 2-2 in the P5/BE games I will be happy.
3-1 I think it’s safe to assume we have a good shot to be like last year.
2-2 puts us on the bubble.
I think we will beat Iowa and lose at Georgetown based on what I have seen thus far.

Which leaves Oklahoma State, Penn State/Ole Miss in Barclays to get s split. I think we should do better than against UConn/Oregon last year.

The trip to Brooklyn, Iowa at home and Georgetown on the road will tell us plenty. A matchup with Penn State would even be a real challenge. They scored 98 against Bucknell and won by 28. I’d actually be happy with a split in those 4.

The trip to Brooklyn, Iowa at home and Georgetown on the road will tell us plenty. A matchup with Penn State would even be a real challenge. They scored 98 against Bucknell and won by 28. I’d actually be happy with a split in those 4.

That 28-point win for Penn State vs. Bucknell & scoring 98 doesn't look as impressive after 20 minutes of our game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom