God this is a perfect matchup for cooney | Syracusefan.com

God this is a perfect matchup for cooney

My GOD the ACC sucks. I know i keep saying it but its true. Only way we lose a game is when we beat ourselves, and no were not goin undefeated.

I don't know if Cooney could get this many dunks in a game against a middle age men's rec league team. Trevor's gonna need to ice his wrist at halftime.

Cj, tyler, and Jerami are struggling.

I keep saying it: we go as far as the forwards take us.

Not sure why so many people are sanguine about Fair's turnovers and shot selection every game. It's going to bite us at some point.

I keep saying it: we go as far as the forwards take us.

Not sure why so many people are sanguine about Fair's turnovers and shot selection every game. It's going to bite us at some point.

I do cringe and see shades of "Hakim trying to do much against Vermont" in CJ's turnovers.

I do cringe and see shades of "Hakim trying to do much against Vermont" in CJ's turnovers.

It's a concern.

After the comeback, it's all seashells and balloons on the board. But we've got some flaws. Grant and Fair can't play 30 bad minutes against the decent teams on our schedule and get us a win. They've got to finish around the hoop, Grant's got to pay attention on defense, and C.J. needs to value the ball (including not dribbling into doubles and coughing it up and not forcing up fadeaways early in the shot clock).

Huge credit to Grant, though - excellent last ten minutes of play, including big free throws.

Huge credit to Grant, though - excellent last ten minutes of play, including big free throws.

Jerami picked up his 4th foul with over 11 minutes left, so glad JB left him in there the rest of the way. My wife officially declared that Grant is her 2013-20014 favorite player.:D

Last edited:
Jerami picked up his 4th foul with over 11 minutes left, so glad JB left him in there the rest of the way. My wife officially declared that Grant is her 2013-20014 favorite player.:D

A friend texted me about this at the time and I wholeheartedly agree: Boeheim deserves a lot of credit for leaving him in.

I suppose there's some "what if" associated with Grant potentially having gotten his fifth and leaving us in bad shape, but he was our best player down the stretch. Don't know if we win or lose with Roberson in there, but it wouldn't have made things easier. Great personnel move; great stretch of play by Grant.

(Now is it asking too much to see that kind of focus for 35 or 40 minutes?)

Last edited by a moderator:
senorpalmer said:
I don't know if Cooney could get this many dunks in a game against a middle age men's rec league team. Trevor's gonna need to ice his wrist at halftime.

I had to ice my wrists after grant's dunk.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom