Going for 2 | Syracusefan.com

Going for 2

SWC75

Bored Historian
You just scored on the last play of regulation to get within one. Do you kick the point and see if you can win in OT or go for two and try to end it there with the other team's offense stuck to the sideline?

Same question if you score second for the first overtime.

I'd like to try to win it now. Are your odds worse than if you alternate possessions?

You just scored on the last play of regulation to get within one. Do you kick the point and see if you can win in OT or go for two and try to end it there with the other team's offense stuck to the sideline?

I'd like to try to win it now. Are your odds worse than if you alternate possessions?
I have to imagine that the odds are worse

I have to imagine that the odds are worse

You have to score a touchdown from 25 yards out. You have to try for two anyway in the second OT and then you do nothing but try for two. Why not do it when the other team has no shot?

You have to score a touchdown from 25 yards out. You have to try for two anyway in the second OT and then you do nothing but try for two. Why not do it when the other team has no shot?
Because the other team has similar odds to score from 25 yards out and then if you miss your two point opportunity they have a 99% chance to beat you if they also score a TD

Because the other team has similar odds to score from 25 yards out and then if you miss your two point opportunity they have a 99% chance to beat you if they also score a TD

That's if you go first in OT. Not my scenario.

Against a Florida State: go for two.

Against a Villanova: kick it and win in OT.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom