Going over the ACC schedule this year... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Going over the ACC schedule this year...

God get out of Syracuse. Goto the Hudson valley and rhinebeck, Woodstock Vermont or Burlington, lake placid, head to Philly for a few days, drive up to Maine and eat some seafood. Good lord some of you need to get out more
Dear Rick Steves, I can't figure out for the life of me which post(s) you're calling out here. I'm seeing a lot of non-Syracuse suggestions.

God get out of Syracuse. Goto the Hudson valley and rhinebeck, Woodstock Vermont or Burlington, lake placid, head to Philly for a few days, drive up to Maine and eat some seafood. Good lord some of you need to get out more

It's all good. One week we are probably going to head east to see a friend in New Hampshire. Thinking of taking a northern route through upstate NY and Vermont, maybe Massachusetts. Definitely want to head out to the Cape and drive along the coast through Rhode Island and Connecticut. Will we make it to Maine? I don't know. Depends on how many stops we make along the way and how much time we have. Fortunately, we enjoy driving and seeing new things.

Looking forward to seeing the schedule for Syracuse Men's soccer. We do like soccer and have seen the women's team play during one of our previous trips.

Any and all suggestions are appreciated. I'm making a list.

If you enjoy a good beer, don't leave the east coast without stopping here. Imo the best brewery in the world. The Charlton location is the mothership.

If you enjoy a good beer, don't leave the east coast without stopping here. Imo the best brewery in the world. The Charlton location is the mothership.

I had the pleasure of trying these maybe last year. The Julius is great.

It's all good. One week we are probably going to head east to see a friend in New Hampshire. Thinking of taking a northern route through upstate NY and Vermont, maybe Massachusetts. Definitely want to head out to the Cape and drive along the coast through Rhode Island and Connecticut. Will we make it to Maine? I don't know. Depends on how many stops we make along the way and how much time we have. Fortunately, we enjoy driving and seeing new things.

Looking forward to seeing the schedule for Syracuse Men's soccer. We do like soccer and have seen the women's team play during one of our previous trips.

Alex Bay. Take the boat tour through the 1000 Islands.

If you want to check out Sackets Harbor...I could talk Cuseregular and myself meeting you there for lunch or just beers.

If you want to check out Sackets Harbor...I could talk Cuseregular and myself meeting you there for lunch or just beers.

An hour north of Cuse? I had to look it up. Would love to get up there. Sackets Harbor is on the list as a possibility.

Thanks!!

I didn't want to start a new thread so I am putting this here since it is about ACC scheduling...

How in the heck is Miami ok getting BC on the road the last week of the season, and that might be an every other year thing for them?

If you look at the yearly last week matchups the only teams without a yearly must play game are BC, Duke, Miami, Pitt, SU, Wake. It would make sense for Duke and Wake to end yearly, why is it not already?

Of the other three, wouldn't Miami want SU since we play in a Dome? Swap us out of the FSU game and let them play BC. That still gives FSU their Northeastern game. Also they will never have to play BC on the road the last 2 weeks of the season since they play an FCS or weak G5 and then Florida.

It would be better off for SU, FSU, Miami to make the switch. And no one cares about BC so no harm there.

I actually think BC is probably more upset with this than Miami. The Bruins and Celtics always play a day/night doubleheader on Black Friday.

Great breakdown of the schedule. I agree that on paper, we have five baked-in wins ('Gate, WMU, Army, BC, WF).

I will put Clemson, FSU, and UNC as losses right now on paper.

That leaves four games that are toss-ups to a greater or lesser extent.

@Purdue: They have a good shot here but will also be underdogs. I believe this is the closest to a toss-up for these final four games.

@VT: I think we should win this one, but VT is still recruiting solid players, and playing at Lane on a Thursday night will make a game that, if played at noon in Blacksburg, much more difficult. I think we steal one here, but it will be a nail-biter.

@NYC vs. Pitt: Ugh. I hate that this is in NYC and that we can never seem to beat Pitt. The worm has to turn at some point, right? We dominated them for a long stretch in the 80s and 90s. They've dominated us since. It has to switch back at some time. I don't think it does this year. This one will be a loss.

@GT: I honestly have no idea here. New coach and a complete roster turnover on offense. It seems like a reset year, but getting them late in the season at their place feels like a trap. They could start hitting their stride with the offense and the talent they brought in. Plus, they went 4-4 under Brent Key last year when he took over. That massive improvement in the win category likely got him the head coaching gig.

I think this will be a win, but it will be close. 2-2 in these four is reasonable, and 3-1 would be great. That puts SU between 7-5 and 8-4, which I think is doable unless anarchy breaks out during the season. Which it very well could. Because Syracuse.
Pitt should have been at home, where we would have the best chance, chalk this one up to Wildhack for whatever reason. I absolutely hate it.

Well, it's pretty obvious that they're gonna have to go under feeded out of conference including beating Purdue again, which this is might be even harder but I mean, they have the talent to do it.

Sure, when you get in con since those first 4 games are very. Very tough games, I mean, if we can continue to play Clemson tough and somehow come out with that 1. That would be incredible Florida state. I mean, all these games I mean, we can win. But it's very difficult and the fact that they're all way games as

it will pretty much come down to us Having 2 finish pretty much with us winning all of our games which can happen, Parts of course, we all know that Pittsburgh is going to be real tough and wake, We should be able to beat them
this season.

. As long as we stay healthy, imo at the very least we will make a ball game.. I think all these nutritionist We are bringing in which I have been advocating for so long because every single year, it was the same thing, come November, we just get nailed with Catastrophic injuries that we cannot recover from and I feel that will make a difference. How much of a difference, That's yet 2 be seen.

I will also this. This may be the best team Dino has had since he's Been Here Which again, in my opinion, well make or break babers at Cuse which I agree.

. I really feel that a lot of this unknown or just skepticism of this team is because of the coaching change is that we had, there is a lot of unknown but again, the most talented in my opinion again, so I'm excited. The most excited I have been for a long time for the football and basketball. Especially coming up

Our biggest hurdle under Babers and competing in the ACC has been depth. It doesn’t matter if the schedule is front loaded or back loaded we won’t win 8+ games consistently unless we can go 3 deep at most positions.

Colgate is Colgate.

Western Michigan only has 2 starters returning on Defense and has a new coach. They are being picked to finish last in the MAC.

There’s a decent chance we start 4-0 this season. Purdue looks like the biggest obstacle to an undefeated out of conference. They are coming off a coaching and QB change. They are being picked to finish bottom 3 in the Big Ten.

Army is coming off a 6-6 season. They have a new OC and will have a new QB. They have never won a game in Syracuse.

Babers always coaches well against Clemson. We have only ever been able to pull off the W once. Much like 2018 this could be a battle of 4-0 teams. I’m optimistically saying there is a chance.

We then follow with @UNC and @FSU which will be very tough. With SU’s recent history I am gonna say we lose both.

VT is being picked to finish even behind Cuse and will likely be pretty bad. It’s a road game but is a W on paper.

BC at home again a W on paper.

Pitt at Yankee Stadium for some reason has disaster written all over it. It seems like we have lost to Pitt so much statistically speaking we are bound to win eventually, but I wouldn’t bet on it.

GT on the road is a toss up. WF at home is a W on paper.

8-4 this season is not too much to ask. I think 9-3 would be amazing and 7-5 is where I would go if I put money on it.
If you factor talent disparity, Babers owns Dabo. Over the last 4 years, we are the only team to scare the $hhhhit out of them and it’s warranted. If Babers can bring that gameplanning to every game, this team will win 9 games. Consistently good or occasionally great applies to the scorecard for them too.

If you factor talent disparity, Babers owns Dabo. Over the last 4 years, we are the only team to scare the $hhhhit out of them and it’s warranted. If Babers can bring that gameplanning to every game, this team will win 9 games. Consistently good or occasionally great applies to the scorecard for them too.
We are the conference rival that has the most instances of the league office needing to get on the red phone to alert the refs to handle things when Clemson is threatened.

We are the conference rival that has the most instances of the league office needing to get on the red phone to alert the refs to handle things when Clemson is threatened.
This cannot be debated. :)

The 2018 holding call on the 4th down conversion that would have let us run the clock out and last year’s late hit penalty on 3rd down that would have given us the ball back on a 4th and long punt creep into my thoughts occasionally. If we had won last year Cuse woulda been in the top 10 for the first time since 1996. We were ranked 14 going into that game and led for 99% of the game. My only gripe with the gameplay last year was that we didn’t try to burn more clock when we had the ball in the 2nd half.

The week before Clemson comes to the DOME, they play Florida St.

Going back to the season when the Syracuse Dungeys beat Clemson in the dome, the week before
Clemson played a very good NC State team(if memory serves).

CUSE will beat Clemson.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Teddy19

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom