Gold and Black Days: Inside Purdue Training Camp | Syracusefan.com

Gold and Black Days: Inside Purdue Training Camp

Whitey23

Twitter Wizard

Seems like a no brainer to have Cuse put something like together in house. Could highlight the team and Newhouse.

Seems like a no brainer to have Cuse put something like together in house. Could highlight the team and Newhouse.

This is great and alot of teams do it. It fires up the players and fans (younger fans) . That said, Dino wouldn't allow this in a million years. Coverage inside the coaching room, assistants personalities being displayed, etc
...would be great but no way...

Very nicely done, no reason a world famous communication program cant do the same and more.

Side note....Why do everyones facilities look better than ours? Some say it doesn't matter, I strongly disagree

Very nicely done, no reason a world famous communication program cant do the same and more.

Side note...Why do everyones facilities look better than ours? Some say it doesn't matter, I strongly disagree

Bc we have a paranoid and dominant head man who wouldn't allow such a video. I like Dino but he keeps the program under a covert blanket. As for the facilities thing. Yes, we have some nice new facilities that dont have that finishing touch. So, yes, equal facilities in terms of function look better. ;)

Last edited:

Side note...Why do everyones facilities look better than ours? Some say it doesn't matter, I strongly disagree

Because even when our fans win $500 million dollars, we're still not doing that great with fundraising.

If you inherited $500M

You should check out video of Brockport’s new locker room. Pretty sick looking.

This is great and alot of teams do it. It fires up the players and fans (younger fans) . That said, Dino wouldn't allow this in a million years. Coverage inside the coaching room, assistants personalities being displayed, etc
...would be great but no way...

I wonder if Dino will ease up on being so secretive after we're over the hump. Right now, they are desperate to claw their way back to bowl eligibility, and don't want to give up any edge that would provide competitive advantage, no matter how slight.

If we're going into every season expecting to win 8 or 9 games, maybe the restrictions will go away.

Freaking shame we have no behind the scenes stuff from the team. UB has a all access show. Its crazy how a communication school can't utilize. We had Zaire Franklin's Z60 shows to look forward to. lol

If that's the case we should be embarrassed when a SUNY school out builds a $60k plus a year private institution

Yes, we should, especially with ACC $$$. The locker room has improved but still isn't D1 caliber. And yes, the IPF is nice space and functional , but for the $$$ invested and something to use in recruiting it is lacking.

I wonder if Dino will ease up on being so secretive after we're over the hump. Right now, they are desperate to claw their way back to bowl eligibility, and don't want to give up any edge that would provide competitive advantage, no matter how slight.

If we're going into every season expecting to win 8 or 9 games, maybe the restrictions will go away.

He may, but vids and access like this can be a tool to get over that hump. Purdue is basically in the same boat we are, as a program.

I honestly don't think he will. He is a control freak. The ultimate control freak, saban has allowed ESPN to document camp in a year where Bama has some question marks especially a volatile qb battle.

I dont buy into this theory that teams pick up tendencies watching a few plays and getting a few comments from coaches in camp. Just don't. Way overblown...

I honestly don't think he will. He is a control freak. The ultimate control freak, saban has allowed ESPN to document camp in a year where Bama has some question marks especially a volatile qb battle.

I dont buy into this theory that teams pick up tendencies watching a few plays and getting a few comments from coaches in camp. Just don't. Way overblown...
I wouldnt call him a control freak. I think he's just discreet with his offense. Some of those Matt Park video's show plays from scrimmages. He wouldnt allow it if thats the case. I don't think he's trying to hide stuff from opponents. Thats just fans way of justifying why we don't get more access.

I wouldnt call him a control freak. I think he's just discreet with his offense. Some of those Matt Park video's show plays from scrimmages. He wouldnt allow it if thats the case. I don't think he's trying to hide stuff from opponents. Thats just fans way of justifying why we don't get more access.

All coaches want to hide their offensive tendencies from opponents. I am not saying , hey, let's put our top red zone plays in a rally video. Even saban has allowed a series on his camp. I know, i know...before you go there Bama has plenty of question marks this year including a public qb controversy. Just dont think Dino would ever allow the access, he doesnt even let his coaches speak to the team or media.

All coaches want to hide their offensive tendencies from opponents. I am not saying , hey, let's put our top red zone plays in a rally video. Even saban has allowed a series on his camp. I know, i know...before you go there Bama has plenty of question marks this year including a public qb controversy. Just dont think Dino would ever allow the access, he doesnt even let his coaches speak to the team or media.
and Im not saying he would allow more access either Im just saying its not so much for the reason you mention. Every conference opponent has hundreds of cut ups of each team's offense. Everyone knows each others base plays. Dino is not worried about people seeing youtube highlights unless they are having a offensive day working all trick plays. He's has other reasons. That's all Im saying.

Sounds like people should be writing checks, Purdue got almost 30 mil in private donations to build their football training facility, also a state school. That said if you have no bigger donors at a private university you don't have great facilities.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom