Golf in Cuse? | Syracusefan.com

Golf in Cuse?

florange44

Scout Team
My buddies and I are coming up for the Stanford game. We all grew up in cuse but haven’t played golf there in 40 years.

I was thinking we’d play Green Lakes and Erie Village. Turning stone is not available at our times. Any other ideas? Any one know a way to get on Drumlins? Is it worth it?

Thanks in advance for the advice.

Florange44

My buddies and I are coming up for the Stanford game. We all grew up in cuse but haven’t played golf there in 40 years.

I was thinking we’d play Green Lakes and Erie Village. Turning stone is not available at our times. Any other ideas? Any one know a way to get on Drumlins? Is it worth it?

Florange44
Green Lakes would be a perfect choice. In great shape.

Florange44

Green lakes is top notch but getting a tee time has become extremely difficult. Tee times released 7 days in advance and you better be on there trying to reserve early!

I have not golfed since my 1st wife passed 10 years ago but I was a member of Vesper Hill and it was a Beautiful course then and from my understanding a lot of $$ was put into it so i can only imagine how much better it is now

I have not golfed since my 1st wife passed 10 years ago but I was a member of Vesper Hill and it was a Beautiful course then and from my understanding a lot of $$ was put into it so i can only imagine how much better it is now
It is substantially nicer than it was. I would say it is underrated. If it was a bit closer to Syracuse, me and my friends would play it all the time.

McConnellsville falls into the same category. And Dutch Hollow.

Just played Highland in Auburn for first time in awhile it was in great shape, Played Ravenwood a couple weeks ago little bit of a drive but loved it.

Erie Village is nice…. don’t play there if we have had a lot of rain. The opposite for Camillus, drains well.
Foxfire is an awesome value.
Green Lakes, Rogues East, are nice.

Ravenwood/Greystone/Wayne Hills all nice and public courses around roch area.
south you have Hiawatha/Conklin/Soaring Eagles/Enjoe/Mark twain

Erie Village is nice…. don’t play there if we have had a lot of rain. The opposite for Camillus, drains well.
Foxfire is an awesome value.
Green Lakes, Rogues East, are nice.
Good summary. Links at Sunset Ridge is another good local course. If you like par 5 holes, that is the course for you. Believe they have 6 par 3s, 6 par 4s and 6 par 5s.

Good summary. Links at Sunset Ridge is another good local course. If you like par 5 holes, that is the course for you. Believe they have 6 par 3s, 6 par 4s and 6 par 5s.
Sunset Ridge has a few poorly designed holes where the tee box is in direct fire of other holes. I’m always worried about getting hit when I play that course

Just played Highland in Auburn for first time in awhile it was in great shape, Played Ravenwood a couple weeks ago little bit of a drive but loved it.
highland park is a favorite. If I lived in western suburbs, i'd be there.

highland park is a favorite. If I lived in western suburbs, i'd be there.
One of my offices is less then a mile away I should have been playing it more the last two years smh

Green Lakes all the way. No brainer. Love that course.
It’s a great course and extremely reasonable fees. I haven’t played there this year yet, Dcuse has said they have been hit by the “ 5 hour round bug on weekends”. Get the first couple of tee times I guess.

It’s a great course and extremely reasonable fees. I haven’t played there this year yet, Dcuse has said they have been hit by the “ 5 hour round bug on weekends”. Get the first couple of tee times I guess.
We have 7:20 and 7:30 AM there Sunday. It will be a 3 hour and 50 minute round.

You guys are invited to join us. ;)

i'm a lower tier-location guy

love vesper, orchard vali, tanner, green lakes, rogues roost, etc. Lyndon if you want to get a hole in one though!

Raddison and Camillus are nice too
Radisson tee boxes are a mess. Wow

I really liked Camillus. In great shape and a good clubhouse

Radisson tee boxes are a mess. Wow

I really liked Camillus. In great shape and a good clubhouse
I like Camillus but to me, it seems like their prices are really high and do not match up with the quality of the course.

I know my guys are reluctant to play there because of the cost. If they dropped their prices to be more competitive with Green Lakes, Sunset Ridge, Foxfire and Links at Erie Village, they would get a lot more play.

Maybe they don't care about getting play from the general public. It looks that way to me.

I like Camillus but to me, it seems like their prices are really high and do not match up with the quality of the course.

I know my guys are reluctant to play there because of the cost. If they dropped their prices to be more competitive with Green Lakes, Sunset Ridge, Foxfire and Links at Erie Village, they would get a lot more play.

Maybe they don't care about getting play from the general public. It looks that way to me.
Simple. Ask for the senior rate. ;)