Golf team? | Syracusefan.com

Golf team?

CanadianSU

Living Legend
Perhaps nobody will be able to answer this question...

Why do we have no Golf Team??????

The ACC is a very very strong conference for golf. I believe we are the only ones without a team. It is also a cheap sport to start up...

I'm prepping my 8 and 6 year old girls for an SU golf scholarship

SU had a golf team in the 60's. In CNY the season is too short. The ACC Championship for example is played in late April when there is still snow (or at least mud) on upstate courses.

Also, any serious HS golfer wants to go South or West to play all year round.

SU had a golf team in the 60's. In CNY the season is too short. The ACC Championship for example is played in late April when there is still snow (or at least mud) on upstate courses.

Simple. Build an IPF for golf! Problem solved

Yes I know however, every northern schools have teams, cept us!!

Hoo's That said:
The ACC has women's golf, too.

Does the ACC have gymnastics?

Would you rather have a golf team, or would you rather Shafer use the money to retain all his assistant coaches?
Well that is one way of looking at it.

Whoa.

We still need a golf team.

there a lot of colleges around here with golf teams.. Oswego has had several pro's, TC3 has had a national title. usually these teams play several matches in warmer climates, the golf season isnt all that long for college and many teams play only tournaments not a real team vs team schedule. wonder why the ACC tourney is so early when the NCAA tourney is a full month later.

there a lot of colleges around here with golf teams.. Oswego has had several pro's, TC3 has had a national title. usually these teams play several matches in warmer climates, the golf season isnt all that long for college and many teams play only tournaments not a real team vs team schedule. wonder why the ACC tourney is so early when the NCAA tourney is a full month later.

Lemoyne has had a number of pros too. CNY has so many courses for its population also. Heck doesn't SU own Drumlins?

Perhaps nobody will be able to answer this question...

Why do we have no Golf Team??????

The ACC is a very very strong conference for golf. I believe we are the only ones without a team. It is also a cheap sport to start up...

Donnie Burke currently lives at Plantation Bay [ Club De Beamont ] in Ormond Beach, fl. He was the Captain of the S.U. golf team back in. the Fifties. I play quite a bit with Donnie. He still maintains a 10/12 handicap on a regular basis. In the summer he returns to the Syracuse suburb and plays at Skaneateleas Country Club.

TexanMark said:
That is where we need to go...

Sorry about the tangent. Just curious because a girl from my daughter's gym got a scholarship to NC State. And although my daughter wants to go to UCLA, it would be nice if SU had gymnastics as an option.

CanadianSU said:
Perhaps nobody will be able to answer this question... Why do we have no Golf Team?????? The ACC is a very very strong conference for golf. I believe we are the only ones without a team. It is also a cheap sport to start up...

Syracuse had a men's team until about 1973, when it fell victim to budget cuts. Jim Boeheim played on it when he was a student and coached the team for a time when he was an assistant on the basketball team.

SU has a good club team and there is strong interest in someday becoming a varsity sport.

But it doesn't appear anything is happening soon.

http://www.dailyorange.com/2013/09/...ess-addition-of-varsity-program-not-imminent/

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom