Gonna need more than | Syracusefan.com

Gonna need more than

mark79

All Conference
Baye and Silent G off the bench. Not enough offense when things are stale. Today made it easier to see why JB loves having that super 6th man.

Not sure if anybody's ready to come off the bench and do that. And I really think we're better off with Rak getting more minutes and DC2 sitting on the pine, he would have been eaten alive out there today with Miami's length and athletic zone, not even mentioning defense.

I still think Roberson can give us some quality minutes. He hits the boards hard and I believe his shooting percentage would go up with more minutes.

If DC is out for an extended time, we are going to need Roberson to log minutes. I don't see us going too far with just 7 like we did today. Not enough fire power off the bench with just 7.

I would have liked to see Roberson out there today. Teams do not have to guard Grant 15 feet from the basket. He was swallowed up today whenever he drove to the hoop. Roberson has the ability to hit the short jumper. Grant showed today why he isn't close to being NBA ready. He needs to develop his overall game and improve all of his offensive skills.

There have been years when the bench was 7 guys...and the team has been very successful. We all want to see a deep bench but JB isn't going to play guys just to play them- they have to contribute.

G can't develop an offensive game unless he gets some more minutes.

Extremely pleased with Rak though. I'd like Ennis to work on some lobs and oops.

The only solid ally oop pass I've seen this year was from G.

I agree that we could be successful with 7, but to have virtually no firepower off the bench will be tough.

Our bench as constituted today probably averages 5 points a game between them. Either we get Roberson some run or Silent G will have to show some growth for us to go really deep.

That said, this year is not all that strong a field so who knows.

I agree that we could be successful with 7, but to have virtually no firepower off the bench will be tough.

Our bench as constituted today probably averages 5 points a game between them. Either we get Roberson some run or Silent G will have to show some growth for us to go really deep.

That said, this year is not all that strong a field so who knows.

We'll get DC back and Grant will go back to being super-sub. JB basically said in the postgame that we are a better team with Grant off the bench.

Of course C.J. made a couple big plays late (and should be in the game down the stretch), Roberson needs minutes when our forwards are playing like they did for the bulk of the game.

There will be times when everyone's playing poorly. We need some reserve who can produce on those nights. Roberson's the guy.

JB said Roberson has been doing well in practice but he didn't want to put him in against Miami's offense that would have been difficult for him to read and react.

Cooney sure clanked a lot of opposite rim today. Just an off day.

I think Roberson will see action if CJ or Grant get in foul trouble. Keita needs to pick up his game a bit. Christmas is showing some solid improvement!

With Cooney not shooting well I'd much rather have seen Johnson than Roberson, give him a few minutes just to see what he could do.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom