Gonzaga down by 16 at home | Syracusefan.com

Gonzaga down by 16 at home

rrlbees

Have you donated to an SU NIL collective?
Staff member
To Alabama at the half.

If (and when) basketball is rolling along with football at Bama, Oats will get anything he wants and they will become a basketball power house. The school spirit along with fan support is unmatched

TIMME!!! I can’t stand that guy. Probably because he seems so smug…and he is really skilled.

Maybe I’m tipsy, but I love watching games like this after an SU win. When we lose, I can’t bare to watch any college basketball for a couple days. Oh, also, I wish everyone who utters the played out phrase “let’s go”, gets punched in the head.

Last edited:
JD Davison, wow very smart play and then the athleticism, damn.

Last edited:
And when did it become Quin-early and not just Quinerly?

So will Oats pick up the phone if/when JB retires? Or is he destined to replace Self or Izzo or Jay Wright? Or maybe he slides in if Scheyer or Davis flames out.

Man get with be great in Orange

So will Oats pick up the phone if/when JB retires? Or is he destined to replace Self or Izzo or Jay Wright? Or maybe he slides in if Scheyer or Davis flames out.

If he keeps doing what he’s doing, Alabama is gonna pay him money the other schools can’t. They have never been a basketball school and now that they are becoming one, they are going to do whatever they can to not let him go. He will get a call, but I think SU missed the window a couple seasons ago...

Jeez, he might just stay with Alabama and keep it rolling.

Oates doesnt mess around with accumulating talent quickly and using analytics in his scheme/ philosophy. Remains to be seen if he can win deep in March

The other day I was wondering what Coach had the best shot at catching Coach K's win record of 1170 or tried to think if there was a realistic scenario that anybody will ever catch it. Or is it one of those records that seems unbreakable.

And really the only coach I could figure with a minute chance of catching him is Mark Few.

Currently he is 533 wins behind Coach K. Gonzaga has been averaging about 34 wins a game the last 7 seasons (I gave them an extra 4 wins in each of 2020 and 2021 due to the Covid issues to come up with the calculation)

Few is currently 58. It's conceivable given the schedule and the fact that Gonzaga is now close to a recruiting power that he can continue to average 30 win seasons for a while.

But to make up 533 wins, that is 18 years at an average of 30 a year.

Will Few want to, or be able to, hang around until 76?

Not likely, but this is the only minute scenario I can find to ever threatening the record.

Unless of course the NCAA gives back JB the wins they stole and he hangs on for another 5 years. The latter can't be discounted I suppose.

The other day I was wondering what Coach had the best shot at catching Coach K's win record of 1170 or tried to think if there was a realistic scenario that anybody will ever catch it. Or is it one of those records that seems unbreakable.

And really the only coach I could figure with a minute chance of catching him is Mark Few.

Currently he is 533 wins behind Coach K. Gonzaga has been averaging about 34 wins a game the last 7 seasons (I gave them an extra 4 wins in each of 2020 and 2021 due to the Covid issues to come up with the calculation)

Few is currently 58. It's conceivable given the schedule and the fact that Gonzaga is now close to a recruiting power that he can continue to average 30 win seasons for a while.

But to make up 533 wins, that is 18 years at an average of 30 a year.

Will Few want to, or be able to, hang around until 76?

Not likely, but this is the only minute scenario I can find to ever threatening the record.

Unless of course the NCAA gives back JB the wins they stole and he hangs on for another 5 years. The latter can't be discounted I suppose.
Not likely few hangs on that long. I think jimmy is a rare breed.

I’d love to see jimmy get his wins back. Someone remind me, where would jimmy be with the wins now?

Not likely few hangs on that long. I think jimmy is a rare breed.

I’d love to see jimmy get his wins back. Someone remind me, where would jimmy be with the wins now?
He'd be exactly where he is now (2nd) but 101 wins closer to rat face.

The Zags really miss Suggs. Very good team but to me Suggs was that piece at guard that made them perfect to win it all last year. They will likely be a 1 or 2 seed again but I see a team that goes down before the elite 8 this year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom