Gonzaga game thread | Syracusefan.com

Gonzaga game thread

1260497512011.png

Let's troll the College Basketball world.

At some point early in our game, both SU and Gonzaga will be top 10 teams as there will only be 10 teams left in the tournament.

That's the way I'm looking at it anyways. ;)

None shall sleep! None shall sleep! Even you, O Princess,
in your cold bedroom,
watch the stars
that tremble with love and with hope!
But my secret is hidden within me;
none will know my name!
No, no! On your mouth I will say it when the light shines!
And my kiss will dissolve the silence
that makes you mine!
No one will know his name,
and we will have to, alas, die, die!
Vanish, o night! Set, stars!
Set, stars! At dawn, I will win! I will win! I will win!

Jay Bilas on ESPN arguing for student athlete salaries. He makes good points.

He made some good points. They had some senator arguing against player salaries. I think the NCAA should get rid of the compensation rules. Players should get scholarship plus salary and benefits. If you don't think they are employees you have no concept of college sports. They spend every working hour giving the University value. They should be compensated for it in humble opinion.

He made some good points. They had some senator arguing against player salaries. I think the NCAA should get rid of the compensation rules. Players should get scholarship plus salary and benefits. If you don't think they are employees you have no concept of college sports. They spend every working hour giving the University value. They should be compensated for it in humble opinion.
The athletes should get modestly paid. By that I mean something like minimum wage, not much more, for the hours they spend practicing, training, playing, probably not traveling or commuting. Similar to what other students make for working in the library or the dining hall. Measures should be taken to make sure compensation is not turned into a competition among schools. Maybe standardize it to 4 hours a day in season, 2 hours a day offseason at a rate set by the NCAA so it is fair and not subject to abuse. Whatever the right number of hours is is fine. Keep it simple and easily enforceable. Something like that.

The athletes should get modestly paid. By that I mean something like minimum wage, not much more, for the hours they spend practicing, training, playing, probably not traveling or commuting. Similar to what other students make for working in the library or the dining hall. Measures should be taken to make sure compensation is not turned into a competition among schools. Maybe standardize it to 4 hours a day in season, 2 hours a day offseason at a rate set by the NCAA so it is fair and not subject to abuse. Whatever the right number of hours is is fine. Keep it simple and easily enforceable. Something like that.

Anything is better than nothing at this point. I was getting more pay with work-study.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom