Gonzaga/NIL | Syracusefan.com

Gonzaga/NIL

Hey JW- pay attention. This is smart.

you may have missed it but Wildhack has already announced a similar program including seminars and a class starting this fall in Falk for athletes that covers everything listed in the Gonzaga statement. I believe we’ve also hired or assigned some people to help athletes navigate NIL.

you may have missed it but Wildhack has already announced a similar program including seminars and a class starting this fall in Falk for athletes that covers everything listed in the Gonzaga statement. I believe we’ve also hired or assigned some people to help athletes navigate NIL.

I definitely missed that and so glad to hear it. Is there a thread or that link to the announcement to add to this one?

I definitely missed that and so glad to hear it. Is there a thread or that link to the announcement to add to this one?

it may not have been a formal announcement but was done in a interview. But he did cover everything Gonzaga has.

So what if we’re not first. Our program has more money. WTH can’t we copy them and be 1st school in the east to do this? Any forward-thinking people in our administration?

Last edited:

It's subscriber only so I don't want to give away too much, but here is a snippet. Buddy is signed up for this class.

Nobody knows for sure what NIL boundaries will look like. But Dave Meluni, an assistant teaching professor at Syracuse University’s Falk College of Sport and Human Dynamics, will teach a fall class on Name, Image and Likeness.

Meluni said the class, limited to 30 students, filled up immediately.

In Meluni’s class, students will be taught how to build a sales/marketing deck. These, essentially, are resumes to present to targeted businesses that detail how the athlete fits the brand.

Meluni’s students will be afforded the use of SponsorUnited software, which enables an athlete to tailor himself/herself to specific companies based on the kind of advertising those companies are currently engaged in.

It's subscriber only so I don't want to give away too much, but here is a snippet. Buddy is signed up for this class.

Nobody knows for sure what NIL boundaries will look like. But Dave Meluni, an assistant teaching professor at Syracuse University’s Falk College of Sport and Human Dynamics, will teach a fall class on Name, Image and Likeness.

Meluni said the class, limited to 30 students, filled up immediately.

In Meluni’s class, students will be taught how to build a sales/marketing deck. These, essentially, are resumes to present to targeted businesses that detail how the athlete fits the brand.

Meluni’s students will be afforded the use of SponsorUnited software, which enables an athlete to tailor himself/herself to specific companies based on the kind of advertising those companies are currently engaged in.

good article. Focuses on the class. Johns interview was more comprehensive.

I believe Mark Wheeler, our Director for Compliance is serving as the point person on NIL for John. Taking a very holistic view and we will certainly leverage some unique advantages we have with Newhouse, Falk and Whitman. Really concerned about what this does to the competitive landscape in the short term, but longer term I think we will be among the leaders.

I believe Mark Wheeler, our Director for Compliance is serving as the point person on NIL for John. Taking a very holistic view and we will certainly leverage some unique advantages we have with Newhouse, Falk and Whitman. Really concerned about what this does to the competitive landscape in the short term, but longer term I think we will be among the leaders.

Well stated. It would be helpful to have NY step up and join the state law game too.

It's the one class athletes will actually want to attend, lol

It's the one class athletes will actually want to attend, lol

the seminars are required for all athletes. I think SUs named it boot camp. The falk course is a 3 credit course that covers marketing, entrepreneurship, taxes, etc. it’s not required but like you said, many will probably take it.

the seminars are required for all athletes. I think SUs named it boot camp. The falk course is a 3 credit course that covers marketing, entrepreneurship, taxes, etc. it’s not required but like you said, many will probably take it.
As somebody that's looking into setting up a non-profit and a small business in CNY, and also works with college athletes occasionally, I'd like to take that course myself.

Sounds like a 3 credit A. Win-win.

Louisville AD was just on TV talking about their program. They also have developed a course that will be delivered by their sports management department.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom