Good 3 pt shooting by guys not named Battle and Brissett | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Good 3 pt shooting by guys not named Battle and Brissett

33% from 3 = 50% from 2, point-wise.

6 shots: 6 points = 6 points.
1550192472635.gif

Should tell you how little value a double double really has.
Or that we have substantially bigger issues on our team

How dare you

You've never taken basic statistics I see. For you to hold more value on his 3 years ago shows you have no clue what you're talking about.

The latest info is the most important info, this isn't just with sports statistics

It's been a few years since I aced both stats courses in college, but that's 100% not how that works.

30% this year and 32% last year shows he can't make them at a good percentage.

I'm not arguing that recent stats aren't more indicative of actual ability or any other of the debates here, but the fact that he shot 37% on high volume as a freshman shows that he CAN make them at a good percentage.

Have his stats regressed? Yes. Does that mean he can't do it? No. He's proven he can.

You need to word your arguments a little better, because you suddenly changed your stance to focus on a different piece of information once people questioned your initial statement.

I'm not arguing that recent stats aren't more indicative of actual ability or any other of the debates here, but the fact that he shot 37% on high volume as a freshman shows that he CAN make them at a good percentage.

Have his stats regressed? Yes. Does that mean he can't do it? No. He's proven he can.

You need to word your arguments a little better, because you suddenly changed your stance to focus on a different piece of information once people questioned your initial statement.

He also played on a team that was able to give him wide wide open shots.

He's shooting below 30% and below 33% the year before. We ignoring this?
Nope. I'd guess only about 5% of D1 players (with more than 1 or 2 shots) shoot higher than 33% from the 3. Again, point-wise. There's no thinking about tempo, flow, etc. Just points on shots.

I don't think that's unreasonable to say. Time will continue to tell the story.

Not to the same extreme but CJ Fair was open one year then the next, blah.

Let’s just leave it as, he’s the only player on this team that can really do much of anything and is pretty much creating all of his shots, hence why his shooting is so bad. As a freshman, he had space, now he doesn’t. Explains the dip. Is he a 37, probably not, but is he a 27? Probably not. But the defense knows it’s all him. We’ve also seen that when he does not score, we don’t win. Plain and simple. If he took almost every shot down the court, I don’t think I’d be upset in the least.

I hope 50% from 2 is good. The last guards we had that shot over 50% from 2 were Triche, Scoop and Waiters and that seems like eons ago.

Edit: Gbinije did too, which begs the question would you rather have jr/sr year Gbinije or Battle?

I just took a look. Stats through 2/12 show 131 players shooting 50% or higher. That's only about 7-8% of the starters on all D1 teams.

That includes 3P%

50% from 2 or 33% from 3 would be 1 point per possession. That is good for 188th as a team. We're at 1.002 which is 183rd.

That includes 3P%

50% from 2 or 33% from 3 would be 1 point per possession. That is good for 188th as a team. We're at 1.002 which is 183rd.

You’re not taking into account free throws which unfortunately we aren’t very good at.