Good days ahead for all SU sports | Syracusefan.com

Good days ahead for all SU sports

kcsu

Living Legend
Looking at the overall landscape of college sports i think that SU is well positioned and about to enter another period of success.
Football is leading the resurgence and our other major teams are on the rise as well. Men and Womens Basketball and Lacrosse programs are trending up. We are finally over the NCAA sanctions and looking forward to a good post season. The Lacrosse teams also look solid. The bottom line is that we have 5 major teams that on any given day are truly capable of beating any team that they face. That is pretty remarkable.
When you add to this the impending positive impact of the ACC Network and Stadium remodel things are looking good. The selection of JBs successor is the most important challenge on the Horizon and im confident that JW will make an excellent choice which in my opinion will be to stay the course.
Lets hope for a great post season run for our basketball teams and a strong finish for Lacrosse.
Its a great time to be a Cuse Fan.

Good points. This turnaround has been so long in the making, I’d love to know more about who all made it possible. It’s a nice legacy for someone(s).

Syracuse basketball without JB will be weird. A new coach will likely ditch the 2-3 zone. Doubly weird. Am curious but not looking forward to it. Would love to see JB get to another title game and regardless of whether he wins or not hand over the reins.

Good points. This turnaround has been so long in the making, I’d love to know more about who all made it possible. It’s a nice legacy for someone(s).

Syracuse basketball without JB will be weird. A new coach will likely ditch the 2-3 zone. Doubly weird. Am curious but not looking forward to it. Would love to see JB get to another title game and regardless of whether he wins or not hand over the reins.
I give credit to the BOT for hiring and supporting our Chancellor. He has been outstanding in leading a complete resurgence of SU.
As to JBs replacement i will be shocked if they dont keep it in-house
Its the safe move and i cant see JW hiring outside of the program as it would displace three SU guys, and an entire support staff who have been extremely loyal.

I give credit to the BOT for hiring and supporting our Chancellor. He has been outstanding in leading a complete resurgence of SU.
Its the safe move and i cant see JW hiring outside of the program as it would displace three SU guys, and an entire support staff who have been extremely loyal.

Wildhack is going to hire the best possible hoops coach. This isn't going to be Lou Carnessecca to Brian Mahoney.

Now if consider inside the program Mike Hopkins I'll agree...

Wildhack is going to hire the best possible hoops coach. This isn't going to be Lou Carnessecca to Brian Mahoney.

Now if consider inside the program Mike Hopkins I'll agree...
I hope its Mike but if not my moneybis on Red.

If by “in house” you mean Hopkins, then yes.

Anyone else, HARD no. Syracuse basketball deserves better.

And that’s not a slight on any of those three guys. They just do not have the pedigree.

I agree they dont. My point is i dont see JW going outside.

BOO!

The success of the Men's Cross Country team (and distance events in T&) the last few years has been a greatly underappreciated accomplishment. Unfortunately, the genius coach who orchestrated it has moved on to bigger and better things. Next Fall may be the linchpin season to determine whether it turns into a program with sustained success or this era is seen as a flash in the pan.

I still think it’ll be Hop..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jennie87

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom