good for us that duke won at buzzer | Syracusefan.com

good for us that duke won at buzzer

CorduroyG

Hall of Fame
better to face them coming off a huge emotional buzzer beating road win, quick turnaround means letdown city baby. if they lost today they wouldnt overlook us and probably blitz us right away, i dont think that happens now.

Yeah, count me in on the belief that playing a strong team off a loss isn’t what you want. I’ve got nothing to back this up... but anecdotal evidence suggests that two losses in a row for aforementioned strong team don’t happen often.

Winning mon us a rough chore. Easier doing it.after an emotional duke win

An equally logical argument could be made as follows -- If they had lost, and Zion is still out, they could be doubting themselves a bit without him.

It's amateur psychology hour, and I don;'t really think either matters very much. Duke will be just as hard to beat on Monday, whether the had won or lose, IMP.

But the correct answer is for anything involving Duke - it's always better for Duke to lose

Last edited:
Winning mon us a rough chore. Easier doing it.after an emotional duke win

Yes, mon!
6B1DB137-A690-42F1-95F8-E7FF1917D274.gif

Sometimes this stuff is overblown but we are talking about likely the best collection of NBA talent to step on a college floor and are the road team. You don't want them after a loss. I was rooting hard for them to pull it out. Barrett and Reddish won't be that hot and who knows if Zion plays and if he does is he effected at all?

As I said in the other thread those three should go 1-3 I'd be furious if I was a fan of a team with a top 3 pick and the GM chose anyone else.

FSU was aggressive on the glass and got a ton of buckets as a result, I don't see us doing that so we're gonna have to shoot well/move on offense to have a chance of winning

I just like the fact that we have a chance to beat #1 on the road...But first, Georgia Tech

Both Bilas and Dickie V. have said that Tre Jones is the most important player for Duke.

I'm surprised teams go through slumps given how angry and great they play after losses.

Well, that's the point. Great teams don't go through slumps.

Maybe they don't slump because they are great? instead let's go its because they play all angry and feisty and other crazy stuff after a loss.

One thing you gotta give 'em...FSU found a way to stop Zion Williamson.

Maybe they don't slump because they are great? instead let's go its because they play all angry and feisty and other crazy stuff after a loss.

You're the only person here who has used the word "angry."

It's a pretty well-established idea at all levels of play that you don't want to catch a good team after a loss. If you've never played a sport, maybe this seems like a myth. But if you have, I'm curious why you'd discount the idea that good teams tend to practice and play with renewed focus after a loss.

I was wrong and it feels great. God Bless America!