Good God nothing has changed with P and D | Syracusefan.com

Good God nothing has changed with P and D

Stern

All American
Watching UCONN vs WV. Replay on a WV TD pass early on that clearly wasn't a TD as called on the field. Pasqualoni has the team around him for a good 3-4 minutes as the review is taking place. Word comes, call was right, no TD. So, UCONN lines up on defense, oh wait...TIMEOUT UCONN.

He just had near 5 minutes to talk things over with his team and he calls timeout?????

Some thins never change!

Coach P is winning right now although it's a long way from over. WVU is beatable though. Our DB's need to show up though against them and we need C. Jones back to full strength rushing the QB.

3rd and 19 and they run the same play they ran on 2nd down.

UConn was driving and now they are choking. Fumblerooskie inside the 10 and returned by WVA to the UConn 12 yard line. WVa scores on next play. 17 - 9, Neers. Husky fans are cursing P's name again!

Sack, Run, Pass, Punt on ensuing UConn drive. I think the barn doors just opened and the Neers are going to run through. I smell blow out.

Right on cue!!! Geno Smith with an 84 yard TD toss. UConn imploding. The Boneyard has been set to 'self-destruct'.

The game cast live tweet had an update stating that the UConn Men's soccer team was undefeated after a tie with ND today. I guess they can take solace in that. LOL!!

Wow. I turn away for 5 minutes and UConn gives up a safety and then another TD. Gonna hit the BYard and see what's up over there. :)

Watching UCONN vs WV. Replay on a WV TD pass early on that clearly wasn't a TD as called on the field. Pasqualoni has the team around him for a good 3-4 minutes as the review is taking place. Word comes, call was right, no TD. So, UCONN lines up on defense, oh wait...TIMEOUT UCONN.

He just had near 5 minutes to talk things over with his team and he calls timeout?????

Some thins never change!

You have no clue what prompted the TO. Maybe the WVU offense came out in something that the UConn defense was not prepared to defend. You just don't know - you and we never know.

The notion that Pasqualoni or his DC - who never coached at Syracuse - operates any differently than other coaches when it comes to time outs is nonsensical - we have done the same kind of things under Marrone.

We are continuing to struggle to get anywhere near P had us in the 1990s. Right now I'll take the years of poor time outs that seem to bother you so much.

And by the way, P and others at UConn knew exactly what the team was going to be this year. A lot of players from last year's team are gone - gone from a team that pulled many rabbits out of its hat toward the end of the year, while failing to score an offensive TD in its last four or five games.

Pasqualoni did not inherit all that much

P calls more confusion time outs than anyone. It was always ridiculous. His team is usually out of TO's ten minutes into each half.

You have no clue what prompted the TO. Maybe the WVU offense came out in something that the UConn defense was not prepared to defend. You just don't know - you and we never know.

The notion that Pasqualoni or his DC - who never coached at Syracuse - operates any differently than other coaches when it comes to time outs is nonsensical - we have done the same kind of things under Marrone.

We are continuing to struggle to get anywhere near P had us in the 1990s. Right now I'll take the years of poor time outs that seem to bother you so much.

And by the way, P and others at UConn knew exactly what the team was going to be this year. A lot of players from last year's team are gone - gone from a team that pulled many rabbits out of its hat toward the end of the year, while failing to score an offensive TD in its last four or five games.

OPa ... I do admire your loyalty. But I do think that week one congratulations thread was a bit premature. Especially after a 2-4 start and a classic Coach P blowout loss against a Mountaineer team that looked utterly pedestrian for 2.5 quarters. On the heels of a patented What home loss to a middling MAC team.

P calls more confusion time outs than anyone. It was always ridiculous. His team is usually out of TO's ten minutes into each half.

Absolutely! While we slowly upgrade our talent and work our way back, I will not miss timeouts taken to avoid delays of game or delays of game taken because we were out of timeouts. Those were the most frustrating.

I would never, even with the years we have had, want P back. I would rather lose with less talent than watch us get blown out by teams we should have at LEAST been close to.

P is not a great coach. As I have said from the beginning of all of this..he is a good coach who runs a clean program. He is most definitely not a great coach and that has been seen in his post SU career.

44cuse

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Thank you Mrs. Pasqualoni. The rest of us in the real world see things a little differently.

Pasqualoni did not inherit all that much[/quote]

Pasqualoni inherited nine starters back on a defense that went to a BCS Bowl.

Sorry to bring up some facts but...seriously? Defending Pasqualoni who lost to Western Michigan and has started out 2-4? Wow.

Hmmm...Coach P didn't inherit much at UConn after a Fiesta Bowl but GRob inherited a bowl team in 2005 after sneaking in at 6-6.