Good Loss... This Team Needs to Re-Focus | Syracusefan.com

Good Loss... This Team Needs to Re-Focus

kingtidge

All American
Our offense is such that I can't really consider us a top 10 team right now... We've been skating by doing stupid things on O for a few games now... finally bites us.

It was bound to happen

Hopefully, this is a good loss to refocus the team.

Also, not sure what the deal is but BT needs to to take these types of games over down the stretch.

He's earned the right to do it and doesn't spaz under the pressure like MCW does...

No loss is good. This was a bad loss. We lost to a crappy team. We played like we were hung over for the first 10 minutes. Our PG made some damn terrible decisions down the stretch. And our old friend the Free Throw Miser showed up to swipe that game out from under us.

We fought through everything they threw at us, had the game essentially wrapped up, and then gave it away. A missed rebound. Two missed FT's, and then letting them get off a 3 at the end of regulation. Uncalled for. This game has no meaningful silver linings to a coach. Just a bad, bad loss. We lost the game. Gave it away.

Idk if its a good loss, but I hope this team refocuses. They certainly have a lot of work to do and hopefully this game reinforces that in their heads.

IMO, this was a bad loss, against a mediocre team.

They've spent weeks playing down to the level of inferior opponents (Prov, USF, Cinci, Nova), and it was bound to catch up with them. It'll be interesting to see how they respond against Pitt.

IMO, this was a bad loss, against a mediocre team.

They've spent weeks playing down to the level of inferior opponents (Prov, USF, Cinci, Nova), and it was bound to catch up with them. It'll be interesting to see how they respond against Pitt.
Well when you play subpar and keep pulling wins out, it makes you think you can keep doing that.

Losing today showed them they can't keep playing like and barely winning at the end if they want to go deep in March.

Boo-urns. It's never good to lose to a bad team. Never. If a team needs a loss in order to gain focus they don't have a winning mentality.

Boo-urns. It's never good to lose to a bad team. Never. If a team needs a loss in order to gain focus they don't have a winning mentality.
100% disagree

Well when you play subpar and keep pulling wins out, it makes you think you can keep doing that.

Losing today showed them they can't keep playing like and barely winning at the end if they want to go deep in March.

Or...maybe this is pretty much what they are on offense.

Does anybody really expect major changes to this team as a result of this loss?
I think losses are great opportunities to re-focus and address shortcomings but who expects Boeheim do change things up significantly?

I think it's on Triche to step up and make it clear that he should be the guy with the ball at the end of the game.
I didn't see it but if he was brushed off by MCW at the end, Triche can't let that happen.

its not a bad loss.. but its bad because its a loss.. the reality is now that jerami is emerging we need james back to provide that outside threat and give cj a break.. he is tiring a bit and needs a breather more often.. jerami can provide that if james comes back.

It is if you learn from it.

As for winning mentality. This team has been playing down to competition for a while now... It's called complacency... and we've seen it before with Boeheim teams mid-season... It's nothing new and not unexpected...

Get it worked out now and put it together for March on all cylinders... when it really matters...

1. We never should have lost to Nova after Lville just went there and lost five days ago.

2. Villanova is not good.

3. We had the game won.

4. It's very likely we are looking at back to back losses.

Not a good loss.

That Jay Wright can still coach..even without a bunch of stars. I was impressed...

Why? What have you seen from Pitt that makes a loss likely?

Because its at Pitt, and historically we've struggled, even last year at home when they were bad. And they have been playing better of late.

Now saying that, we'll probably win by twenty, given my track record on predictions.

Because its at Pitt, and historically we've struggled, even last year at home when they were bad. And they have been playing better of late.

Now saying that, we'll probably win by twenty, given my track record on predictions.
If we beat Shitsbugh this loss is forgiven. Now lets go out and do it, oh and get James back.

I like the way you think. So we will lose to Pitt right?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CB277777

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom