Good Loss... This Team Needs to Re-Focus | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Good Loss... This Team Needs to Re-Focus

No loss is good. This was a bad loss. We lost to a crappy team. We played like we were hung over for the first 10 minutes. Our PG made some damn terrible decisions down the stretch. And our old friend the Free Throw Miser showed up to swipe that game out from under us.

We fought through everything they threw at us, had the game essentially wrapped up, and then gave it away. A missed rebound. Two missed FT's, and then letting them get off a 3 at the end of regulation. Uncalled for. This game has no meaningful silver linings to a coach. Just a bad, bad loss. We lost the game. Gave it away.

Very well said. We choked (coach and players). Just hope we don't pull a Louisville and drop another two. Pitt and ND await with fresh hope.

Some are pinning this loss on MCW, missed free throws, not fouling when up 3, etc. I'm surprised we're not angrier at our rebounding effort. Yes, I've heard it 1000 times that the zone is prone to give up long rebounds. It's such a convenient excuse to cover for truly bad rebounding. If we grabbed the defensive rebound, Nova wouldn't have had a 2nd shot opportunity.

We're #245 (out of 347 D1 teams) in offensive rebounds allowed per game. I don't even know if that includes the 17 we gave up to Nova. Yarou averaged 5.8 rebs going into this game and grabbed 16 rebs (8 offensive).

Even if we had Southerland's 5 rebs a game, we'd still have serious rebounding issues. Top 5 teams rebound better than this. Hopefully, we get this straightened out or we can forget a deep NCAA run.

...and no offense to girls, but BMK needs to stop catching like a girl.

Boo-urns one of my favorite Simpsons lines! Are you computer savvy enough to post it, because I am not.
I'll try-http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=up4LTKxe0PA
Just beat me to it, I was going to post the same exact one.
Here, next time, instead of the link as text, click the "Media" button which is next to the image button (same row as Bold, Italics, etc) and paste that same link into the URL field when it pops up, click "Embed" and presto!

Just beat me to it, I was going to post the same exact one.
Here, next time, instead of the link as text, click the "Media" button which is next to the image button (same row as Bold, Italics, etc) and paste that same link into the URL field when it pops up, click "Embed" and presto!
Thank you for the help! Still learning this stuff.

Some are pinning this loss on MCW, missed free throws, not fouling when up 3, etc. I'm surprised we're not angrier at our rebounding effort. Yes, I've heard it 1000 times that the zone is prone to give up long rebounds. It's such a convenient excuse to cover for truly bad rebounding. If we grabbed the defensive rebound, Nova wouldn't have had a 2nd shot opportunity.

We're #245 (out of 347 D1 teams) in offensive rebounds allowed per game. I don't even know if that includes the 17 we gave up to Nova. Yarou averaged 5.8 rebs going into this game and grabbed 16 rebs (8 offensive).

Even if we had Southerland's 5 rebs a game, we'd still have serious rebounding issues. Top 5 teams rebound better than this. Hopefully, we get this straightened out or we can forget a deep NCAA run.

...and no offense to girls, but BMK needs to stop catching like a girl.

Bingo...

Our offense is a problem and it's not just weakness on drives and missing layups, clutch free throws or bad half court set-ups or MCW going spazzo down the stretch when BT should be taking the shots...

Offensive rebounding killed us today and its a common thread for our season. We've gotten away with it for too long.

Yeah - we'll never be a top 25 team in that category playing zone, but we can't be at 250 and expect to run the gauntlet this year in the post season against parity teams.

It's a gamekiller... as we saw firsthand today and Villanova is a mediocre team at best...

Not the worst loss in the world. Brandon finally is starting to realize he is the man on this team, now mcw needs to realize that. It is disappointing we got pounded on the boards. That is what lost us the game. Cj had a rough game. We will win the league, but the team and the coaching staff needs to make sure Triche has the ball in situations where we need a basket.

Bingo...

Our offense is a problem and it's not just weakness on drives and missing layups, clutch free throws or bad half court set-ups or MCW going spazzo down the stretch when BT should be taking the shots...

Offensive rebounding killed us today and its a common thread for our season. We've gotten away with it for too long.

Yeah - we'll never be a top 25 team in that category playing zone, but we can't be at 250 and expect to run the gauntlet this year in the post season against parity teams.

It's a gamekiller... as we saw firsthand today and Villanova is a mediocre team at best...

Agree. We could really get bullied by Pitt next in the offensive rebounding dept. Zanna and Steven Adams are big boys. Yeah, they aren't the same Pitt but they are a bad matchup for us, imo. Woodall and Grant's teammate from DeMatha are playing well, too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CB277777

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom