Good luck to the 17-13 hoyas as they prepare for DePaul | Syracusefan.com

Good luck to the 17-13 hoyas as they prepare for DePaul

I can't tell if this is sarcasm, But I honestly want the new big east to do well. It's going to take them 3 to 5 years to rebuild the brand. I'm sure the original big east didn't sell out MSG the first few years.

I know everyone wants the new big east to do poorly with the hopes that the ACC will get MSG one day But I will be shocked if the good old boys will let that happen For more than one or two years in a row.

I can't tell if this is sarcasm, But I honestly want the new big east to do well. It's going to take them 3 to 5 years to rebuild the brand. I'm sure the original big east didn't sell out MSG the first few years.

I know everyone wants the new big east to do poorly with the hopes that the ACC will get MSG one day But I will be shocked if the good old boys will let that happen For more than one or two years in a row.
I don't want the new BE to do poorly.
I just want G-town to have the daylights kicked out of them in every single game they play.
I LOAAAAAATHE G-TOWN!
17-13?
Why even bother?

I do hope the Garden is full of Orange rooting for DePaul.

Seriously, though, I will miss walking through midtown this week and seeing all the Orange, ND, Pitt, UConn, Louisville shirts and jackets. The old Big East tournament at the Garden totally rocked.

I miss the big east, usually I am set to travel to NYC, sad day, but the he$$ with the hoyas

If things work out as planned a 17-14 Georgetown with $30k can host a CIT game in their McDonough Gym against Austin Peay.

Georgetown lose to a double digit seed in the first round of a tournament? Never happen.

This might be a good time to mention that Georgetown is likely facing the NIT, has won one NCAA game since 2008(and that was a 14 seed), their attendance was down 19% this season, and lose five seniors including their starting PG.

This is the one and only time of the year (basketball and football) that I am nostalgic and miss the Big East. Nothing, and I mean nothing in sports can compare to The Big East Tournament at MSG.

The ESPN coverage with split announcing crews for day and night.
The coverage showing snippets of NYC before and during every game.
Syracuse basically hosting the tournament at our home away from home.
The electricity in the air around the Garden.
Anywhere you go to eat seeing fans in Orange sitting at tables.
Pregaming at the bars.

I lived in Long Island up until recently and remember going in to Manhattan every year for this. The tickets were insanely expensive but it was so worth it. People honking their horns yelling Go Cuse! when they drove by and saw you in orange. Fans high fiving walking down the streets of Manhattan. All the different team colors and logos dominating the most amazing city in the world.

My hope for the ACC, in the words of Spike Lee, "Do the Right Thing"..

Hoyas are not that far off the tourney. If they best depaul and Creighton they are probably in.

Hoyas lose to DePaul tonight, 69-64. David Booth will be loving life!!!

If things work out as planned a 17-14 Georgetown with $30k can host a CIT game in their McDonough Gym against Austin Peay.
Go Peay!
In fact, Go Peay all over G-town!

Has DePaul ever won a Big East Tournament Game?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom