Good news/bad news could be either!! | Syracusefan.com

Good news/bad news could be either!!

llandz

Living Legend
So as an alumni club president I just got the dates for Orange Central and our Presidents meetings. Bad news is that the past 3 football games I have attended were total blow outs. Good news is that we are playing Florida State that weekend, so we won't waste a blow out!!! And maybe I will break the pattern if we are really lucky. But I will most likely not expect a great game. I will watch us win all of the rest on TV from AZ!!

Just bring some of that warm, sunny Arizona weather to the tailgate. We'll let the team handle the rest.

Llandz I'm actually on the alumni board. Feel free to contact me with any concerns.

Is it really smart to have the Alumni game for the biggest game of the season? We all know everyone will show up for that game. Why not do it vs NCST, or Duke?

Just bring some of that warm, sunny Arizona weather to the tailgate. We'll let the team handle the rest.
Omg, after last years deluge during the tailgate, anything will be an improvement, lol!!!

Is it really smart to have the Alumni game for the biggest game of the season? We all know everyone will show up for that game. Why not do it vs NCST, or Duke
ACC did the schedule. This weekend works out well. It used to be the beginning of November, but I think the attendance is better early October for those alumni and Club Presidents travelling a long distance. We had the best turnout last year with the earlier October date.

Llandz I'm actually on the alumni board. Feel free to contact me with any concerns.
Did I meet you last year? The year before we got cancelled. And the year before that I don't think we met together. I've been doing this a long time. NNJ first, and now AZ.

Is it really smart to have the Alumni game for the biggest game of the season? We all know everyone will show up for that game. Why not do it vs NCST, or Duke?

Nope. SU took two events that would have had crowds well over 40K and combined them. I'm not in Marketing, but no one can convince me that it makes sense to do this. Obviously use the defending National Champion/Heisman winner coming to the Dome as leverage for other games with ticket packages and promotion. Putting that game on Homecoming doesn't make sense from a ticket sales standpoint.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom