Good News - Bad News | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Good News - Bad News

I'm not complaining. I have my fair share of dome foams at the games and you left out the rest of my sentence: "but that's what you get at any live sporting event."

I just find it amazing that people won't come to a game now because a college student might drink and swear in front of their children. That is why they set up a family friendly section in the dome. People should buy seats there if they don't want their kids near the college kids.

There are some people who should get reported to security. The husband & wife who showed up last game and told me to sit down when Krautman attempted the field goal in OT. They should be denied entrance to all future football games because if you can't get your lazy a$$ off the bleachers in OT to cheer on the team then you should just stay home and watch the games on television.

WOW ! Sorry to hear that. They ever heard of: 'Home Field Advantage?'
BTW I'm pretty sure the 'young kids' have heard everything those 'college kids' might say. Just listen to their music CD's !
GO ORANGE !

Do the students ONLY shake their keys? I know we did that when I was a student (99-03), but we also screamed "OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHH!" the entire time and made, I think, a respectable amount of noise. I hope the students still do the same.

They really should make them free tickets, considering the cost of attending the school in general, the tickets should be free. College kids never have money. Free tickets are great and if I didn't get them I probably wouldn't be able to go to games either

Good News: Heard on the Axeman's show that the Carrier Dome box office has been contacting season ticket holders today to notify them that they are in a student overflow section. Sounds like the plan to offer free tickets to the students next season might be in the mix since the season tickets were told that the university will work with them to get seats in other sections. It sounds like the university is anticipating a huge student turnout which is going to be awesome for the Rutgers game !!!!!

Bad News: The Axeman had a caller complain that after receiving the call he does not want to attend the game and have his kids exposed to college students drinking and swearing. It is sad that no matter what the university does someone complains. The Axeman even commented how it was a class act by the university to notify the season tickets in advance and offer to assist them in relocating their seats.

Solution: Buy season tickets in the Top's family section.

I have had season tickets in the same section of the dome for 20 years and some games we get some fans who have had a few to many drinks. They yell, scream, and occasionally swear but thats what you get at any live sporting event. These fans are tame compared to what I have seen at Rich Stadium.

I am almost 50 years old and I wish they would put the students in my section. The students and marching band are what makes the atmosphere in the dome great.

GO ORANGE !!!!!

I wish i could like this post more than once. You sound like a great, educated, rational fan. we need 50,000 more of you.

There were grown men shaking their keys below us at the Toledo game. I mean c'mon, grow up already. God gave you vocal chords for a reason, use them!!!!

I hate when college kids start acting like college kids while participating in college activities at their college.

Get off my lawn.
gran-torino-trailer-gun-img.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom