Good thing is | Syracusefan.com

Good thing is

K

kingottoiii

We have the talent to still go 5-3 against the teams on our schedule and make a Bowl. We just have no margin for error. We need to go 3-1 in the next 4 and certainly can with Pitt, @RU, UConn, and @USF. Then we need to steal one from @Cincy, Lousiville, or @Mizzou. Which leaves a game @Temple to get to 6 Ws. The talent is there. The season starts vs Pitt. That is the season right there.

The coaches have two weeks to get their heads out of their asses. Time to be agressive on both sides of the ball. Balls to the wall. Nothing to lose. No more getting into FG range and then getting conservative, which has been a Marrone staple every year. No more punting from the 35 yard line. Or on obvious 4th downs. On D friggin attack!!!! Stop sitting back and letting teams pick you appart or run the ball down your throat. You have fast undersized LBs. Speed is difficult to block. Get the LBs moving. Sitting back in a base D is just helping the OL get on them.

Hopefully the light will turn on with the staff. However I fear that they may go into a shell and pull back the O to last year's version.

Ko i can already hear the Marrone interview where he says " we looked at some things, and we feel like maybee were putting too much on Ryans plate...from an offensive standpoint, I think we need to simplify some things..."

ugh

Good thing is there are only 8 football games left. What is really disappointing is that tonight ensures we will have another crowd of 25,000 in the dome on October 5th for a national television game. There is nothing the Athletic Department can do to sell tickets for the Pitt game.

Good thing is there are only 8 football games left. What is really disappointing is that tonight ensures we will have another crowd of 25,000 in the dome on October 5th for a national television game. There is nothing the Athletic Department can do to sell tickets for the Pitt game.

I don't want to hear another person all year complain about the attendance. It is completely self inflicted. If Lemon wants to complain about the attendance "being sucky" maybe they should stop being terrible.

I don't want to hear another person all year complain about the attendance. It is completely self inflicted. If Lemon wants to complain about the attendance "being sucky" maybe they should stop being terrible.
I am not complaining about people not supporting the football program. If I was a casual football fan there is no way I would spend my hard earned money watching this team. I am a die hard fan who chooses to donate money to the football program and buy season tickets. It has been a complete waste of money for the last 10 years but I will never give up my season tickets.

We have the talent to still go 5-3 against the teams on our schedule and make a Bowl. We just have no margin for error. We need to go 3-1 in the next 4 and certainly can with Pitt, @RU, UConn, and @USF. Then we need to steal one from @Cincy, Lousiville, or @Mizzou. Which leaves a game @Temple to get to 6 Ws. The talent is there. The season starts vs Pitt. That is the season right there.

The coaches have two weeks to get their heads out of their asses. Time to be agressive on both sides of the ball. Balls to the wall. Nothing to lose. No more getting into FG range and then getting conservative, which has been a Marrone staple every year. No more punting from the 35 yard line. Or on obvious 4th downs. On D friggin attack!!!! Stop sitting back and letting teams pick you appart or run the ball down your throat. You have fast undersized LBs. Speed is difficult to block. Get the LBs moving. Sitting back in a base D is just helping the OL get on them.

Hopefully the light will turn on with the staff. However I fear that they may go into a shell and pull back the O to last year's version.
I'm glad you're still optimistic, but 3-1, more likely 1-3 or 0-4 Pitt -loss Rutgers on road-loss Uconn -Possible win,USF on road -loss. We are not a good football team, we've gotten worse every game. You are not going to get better this year, Marrone will play the players he started the season with even if they lose every game. With Marrone you earn your time in preseason practices and he won't bench anyone. For Ashton's sake I hope he tranfers somewhere where he can play, he doesn't have a place in this system.

I'm glad you're still optimistic, but 3-1, more likely 1-3 or 0-4 Pitt -loss Rutgers on road-loss Uconn -Possible win,USF on road -loss. We are not a good football team, we've gotten worse every game. You are not going to get better this year, Marrone will play the players he started the season with even if they lose every game. With Marrone you earn your time in preseason practices and he won't bench anyone. For Ashton's sake I hope he tranfers somewhere where he can play, he doesn't have a place in this system.

We have two weeks to prepare for Pitt. I think the RU O outburst was a fluke until they prove they can do it again. UConn and USF both suck ass. If we don't go 3-1 against that crap, then Marrone should resign.

It is sad because M-F I really think Marrone is a great fit for the program. It is too bad he cannot just be HC and not have anything to do with the O or D on Saturday. IMO we need to be more aggressive. We play in a Dome. We should be trying to make games be as hectic as possible. Keep the fast paced O we have now but just don't curl into a ball when we get inside the 30. On D we need to realize that unless you are an SEC school, you are going to give up a lot of yards and a lot of points. What really matters is making plays. That means getting sacks and forcing TOs. Well when you mainly rush 4 guys and play soft coverages, the chances of getting a sack or INT are minimal. Who cares if you give up a 75 yard TD drive in one play or 12? It still is a score. And you need to teach the kids how to tackle. Kinda hard to force a fumble when they can't even stop a guy. We should be making the Dome a house of horrors. Fast paced crazy ass on both sides of the ball with games played in the 50s.

Marrone will play the players he started the season with even if they lose every game. With Marrone you earn your time in preseason practices and he won't bench anyone.

Can't believe how true that is. Unfortunately

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom