Good win but.. | Syracusefan.com

Good win but..

20Plus

Defense is going to be there all year!

Our offense is finding its own.

Overall very happy with the game!

However did not think Brisset deserved the minutes he received and I question the substitution patterns. I thought Carey PC and MD deserved more mins to develop a fullteam for March

I think ideally I would’ve like to see five more minutes of Carey five more of Marek and five more of PC to see what he had tonight

Frank is making me nervous again.

Hey...my boy had 12 points, 5 rebounds, 4 assists, and 2 turnovers. Not a great game, but he seems to be progressing, and I think he will continue to do so. Also, he doesnt need to be what he was last season, because we have more weapons to pread the wealth. I get where youre coming from, but I think he will mesh as needed soon enough.

I think he had another shaky start, but then hit some big shots.

I didn’t see anything shaky. Last game he came out shaky with the 2 turnovers and missed shots the first 5 mins. Today he didn’t have a turnover till later the first half which was that slightly too high pass to Hughes. And he hit the 3. He was very solid the whole game and it was his best all around game to date.

If Brissett isn't on the floor, we are going nowhere. MD has been rewarded with minutes because he is producing on D and creating on O. Carey and Chewy are both indispensable for a long run in the tourney. They will find their place. (See last year. See last 40 years). It's all about finding a balance. JB is as good at this as anybody.

I didn’t see anything shaky. Last game he came out shaky with the 2 turnovers and missed shots the first 5 mins. Today he didn’t have a turnover till later the first half which was that slightly too high pass to Hughes. And he hit the 3. He was very solid the whole game and it was his best all around game to date.

One thing that stands out is that he took a very ill-advised deep three early.

I think ideally I would’ve like to see five more minutes of Carey five more of Marek and five more of PC to see what he had tonight
More implies there was some to begin with

Eh, who didn’t? I don’t call that coming out shaky.

Maybe shaky is the wrong word. Ineffectual might be better. I thought he had little positive impact early and that shot was certainly a negative.

But he played his way into the game and, as I said, made some big shots at key moments.

Yeah, my "good win, but..." is it looks like we're back to grinding down our starters.

Battle goes the full 40 again.

You know how Boeheim do.

If Brissett isn't on the floor, we are going nowhere. MD has been rewarded with minutes because he is producing on D and creating on O. Carey and Chewy are both indispensable for a long run in the tourney. They will find their place. (See last year. See last 40 years). It's all about finding a balance. JB is as good at this as anybody.
Disagree completely with your take

Yeah, my "good win, but..." is it looks like we're back to grinding down our starters.

Battle goes the full 40 again.

You know how Boeheim do.

Indeed.

img_0735-jpg.90366

It was a win. Not a good win or a bad win just a win and a win is all that is important right now. We need as many wins as possible I don't care if we look terrible in the game as long as we get the W.