Good win but.. | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Good win but..

Maybe shaky is the wrong word. Ineffectual might be better. I thought he had little positive impact early and that shot was certainly a negative.

But he played his way into the game and, as I said, made some big shots at key moments.

I think the word "shakey" on here invokes different feelings than in real life. Feelings that folks associate with potatoes. Then they get hungry... like you...and folks aren't as pleasant when hungry. The best time to make a presentation is after folks have had a meal.

If Brissett isn't on the floor, we are going nowhere. MD has been rewarded with minutes because he is producing on D and creating on O. Carey and Chewy are both indispensable for a long run in the tourney. They will find their place. (See last year. See last 40 years). It's all about finding a balance. JB is as good at this as anybody.
Good post. I agree with all of that.

Hey...my boy had 12 points, 5 rebounds, 4 assists, and 2 turnovers. Not a great game, but he seems to be progressing, and I think he will continue to do so. Also, he doesnt need to be what he was last season, because we have more weapons to pread the wealth. I get where youre coming from, but I think he will mesh as needed soon enough.
That is a great game from him as far as I’m concerned

I think the word "shakey" on here invokes different feelings than in real life. Feelings that folks associate with potatoes. Then they get hungry... like you...and folks aren't as pleasant when hungry. The best time to make a presentation is after folks have had a meal.

So you're saying some people here are "hangry?"

So you're saying some people here are "hangry?"

Yes. You remember the whole Cooney ordeal, right? Folks may still get subconsciously moved by that word on here. Didnt those threads seem to have a decent amount of "hanger" in them?

i haven't looked at the box score but i know we had a more balanced scoring attack. i was suprised at halftime when they said we were only 3-14 deep. seemed liked we hit more. clemson was awful. so many mistakes . and yet we could never shake them. i wanted the CUSE to pull away so i could sneak off to bed
but the lead never felt comfortable enuf to do so. anyways a "good" win .

Frank is making me nervous again.

Huh?? Other than the bad forced 3, this was his best game of the season so far.
Closest he's looked to himself since last year, for sure.

He didn't have as many dimes, because other guys (Marek, Battle) were passing it and setting up teammates too. That's a very Good Thing in my book.

How great is it that we have a Big Three again this year, and Frank's not required to be one of them?
As he comes on, and Marek keeps showing more confidence, and Dib plays like he did last nite, we're going to be a very tough out for almost anybody.

Defense is going to be there all year!

Our offense is finding its own.

Overall very happy with the game!

However did not think Brisset deserved the minutes he received and I question the substitution patterns. I thought Carey PC and MD deserved more mins to develop a fullteam for March

Brisset is playing like he's got an agent/family members in his ear. Really pressing and trying to get his. He had some Cooney level bricks last night.

It would be great if OB could get the ball less than 20 feet from the basket. If he's going to make anything happen, he has to either take a three or drive through the whole defense.

Brisset is playing like he's got an agent/family members in his ear. Really pressing and trying to get his. He had some Cooney level bricks last night.
He shot poorly but didn't think he was "trying to get his," as you term it.

Having a bad game (or games) doesn't mean you are playing selfishly, pressing, or listening to agents.