GoodBye Big East | Syracusefan.com

GoodBye Big East

Have to imagine that SDSU is next. Houston, Tulsa and SMU are probably staying put...for now.

And buttgers still won't win a outright Big East title.

"Though Boise State never spent a day in The Big East, the Broncos still must pay a $10 million exit fee to the Big East."

Who is left to cash the checks? Providence is going to have gold-plated offices, for sure.

And Rutgirls just dodged another tough game. Better line up Bryant College to replace Boise on the schedule.

Looks like my second tier eastern conference is getting a lease on life: UCONN, Temple, Cincy, UMASS, Buffalo, ECU, UCF, USF, Tulane and Memphis.

Rutgers should have Buffalo's place but somehow they were extended a lifeline.

This whole thing would have been a lot easier if UConn, Cincy and USF would have just moved to Conference USA a year ago.

This whole thing would have been a lot easier if UConn, Cincy and USF would have just moved to Conference USA a year ago.

They need to create a sensible eastern based 9-12 team all sports league...not even sure how many schools are left in 2014. I wonder if Houston and SMU will bolt? I kinda think not since they lean eastward. Tulsa, Marshall, UTSA, TX State, MTSU and USM up on deck. One of them should get the call. I think USM makes the most sense but Tulsa and UTSA are intriguing too. My darkhorse is ODU...they would be fantastic in the new BigEast-USA.

They need to create a sensible eastern based 9-12 team all sports league...not even sure how many schools are left in 2014. I wonder if Houston and SMU will bolt? I kinda think not since they lean eastward. Tulsa, Marshall, UTSA, TX State, MTSU and USM up on deck. One of them should get the call. I think USM makes the most sense but Tulsa and UTSA are intriguing too. My darkhorse is ODU...they would be fantastic in the new BigEast-USA.

This blurb from the McMurphy article makes it sound as if Houston and SMU may be candidates:

Besides the possibility of losing San Diego State, sources told ESPN that Houston and SMU, scheduled to join the Big East next season, are among four possible teams the Mountain West may target, along with Tulsa and UTEP.

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/s...-broncos-staying-mountain-west-conference-all

USF
Cincy
Yukon
Temple
UCF
ECU
Navy
Tulane
Memphis
SMU?
Houston?
Army?