GOTs SPILER ALERT | Syracusefan.com

GOTs SPILER ALERT

CaliCuse

All American
Jon Snow IS dead.. I'm guessing that the main characters will now be Kaleesi, Sansa, and Brienne Arya. th
and of course Tyrion. tyrian might be the only character to cheat death in the series

e red lady will no doubt have some role. I though she might have a part in reviving Jon Snow. I'm guessing now thhat she is there to meet a gruesome death.

You're looking at the EW story, I'm sure. It's a red herring.

I will bet literally anything that he's back before the series is over. Absolutely anything.

You're looking at the EW story, I'm sure. It's a red herring.

I will bet literally anything that he's back before the series is over. Absolutely anything.
Actually I don't think it was the EW artile. I check back after I go back and track the source. I have nothing to bet. Oops I'm glad I had nothing to bet , you are correct sir it was the EW article There was an oops moment with a Kit Harringto interview a few days ago that might have bee a mistake on his part which could make your position correct.Jon fighting zombies is not my favorite story line The kings guard in gold armor is another line that will begin I wonder if it is that chapter that Danny's introduced offering her "everything if she joined him

Last edited:
I think we get Jon Snow back, and I don't think Stannis is dead. No way they jump cut away from him getting sliced after what he pulled last week. If he was dead, we'd see it.

That scene cut from brienne swinging at Stannis confirms my suspicion that Stoneheart will make an appearance.

if snow is brought back from the dead then that's just gay. i dont mind other middling characters brought back (like the mountain etc) and i like the walkers but don't kill the best character left in the show and then bring him back to life. that's just stupid. this season was pretty poor for me and then to kill off the only character left worth pulling for and i'm probably done.

im sure melisandre will bring him back to life...dumb

There was an interview with the director that stated snow and stannis are indeed dead

I guess my issue is they’ve strayed from the books but not really. They basically combined elements of books 4 and 5 into the finale. It bugged me. We don't know Snows fate at this point but don't overdo the bringing characters back from the dead thing. That will bug me in the books to. I'd rather he not die, use melisandra's magic to help him recover, fine, just dont bring him back from the dead.

Last edited:
PhatOrange said:
I guess my issue is they’ve strayed from the books but not really. They basically combined elements of books 4 and 5 into the finale. It bugged me. We don't know Snows fate at this point but don't overdue the bringing characters back from the dead thing. That will bug me in the books to. I'd rather he not die, use melisandra's magic to help him recover, fine, just dont bring him back from the dead.
As a book reader I'm not sure melisandre has or wants to use that power. Thoros is different but I don't think he's near.

PhatOrange said:
if snow is brought back from the dead then that's just gay. i dont mind other middling characters brought back (like the mountain etc) and i like the walkers but don't kill the best character left in the show and then bring him back to life. that's just stupid. this season was pretty poor for me and then to kill off the only character left worth pulling for and i'm probably done.

im sure melisandre will bring him back to life...dumb

I really hate that there's two threads. But Jon has to be brought back from the dead assuming he's Azor Ahai. The whole prophecy fits what happened to him in the book especially with the sigil of one of the knights that was present.

I really hate that there's two threads. But Jon has to be brought back from the dead assuming he's Azor Ahai. The whole prophecy fits what happened to him in the book especially with the sigil of one of the knights that was present.

good point.

yeah and I hate that there's two thread to.

Plus, death is the only thing that will free him from his oaths to the Night's Watch, and allow him to take his rightful seat atop of Iron Throne.

jekelish said:
Plus, death is the only thing that will free him from his oaths to the Night's Watch, and allow him to take his rightful seat atop of Iron Throne.

The GoT nerd in me is angry that I didn't mention this myself.

That's an interesting theory

That's an interesting theory
I mean, it makes sense, right? For Jon Snow to become king (and if he is, in fact, a Targaryen then the throne is rightfully his, at least in theory) he has to be able to leave the Night's Watch. Jon Snow is far too noble to ever break his oath to the Night's Watch, in terms of abandoning it (Ygritte is a different animal). The only way you can be released from your oath to the Watch is death.

Therefore - now that he's "dead" he's released from his vows, and free to ascend to the throne.

By the way - there's a theory among fans that the entire reason they skipped the Lady Stoneheart storyline is precisely to serve the Jon Snow resurrection idea. If they resurrect Catelyn, that's the big shocking resurrection, and people will just start thinking, "Oh well now of course they'll bring back Jon"...but by skipping Stoneheart, it'll be more shocking/surprising to bring Jon back from the dead.

And again...no matter what Kit Harington is saying in interviews...

1) There's a reason Melisandre showed up right before his death
2) There's a reason they showed the "back from the dead" Mountain in the same episode

These are not coincidences. They're foreshadowing.

I mean, it makes sense, right? For Jon Snow to become king (and if he is, in fact, a Targaryen then the throne is rightfully his, at least in theory) he has to be able to leave the Night's Watch. Jon Snow is far too noble to ever break his oath to the Night's Watch, in terms of abandoning it (Ygritte is a different animal). The only way you can be released from your oath to the Watch is death.

Therefore - now that he's "dead" he's released from his vows, and free to ascend to the throne.

By the way - there's a theory among fans that the entire reason they skipped the Lady Stoneheart storyline is precisely to serve the Jon Snow resurrection idea. If they resurrect Catelyn, that's the big shocking resurrection, and people will just start thinking, "Oh well now of course they'll bring back Jon"...but by skipping Stoneheart, it'll be more shocking/surprising to bring Jon back from the dead.

2) There's a reason they showed the "back from the dead" Mountain in the same episode

Also, Kit Harrington isn't going to say "oh yeah, I'm in next season" (despite his contract running through s7) because that would a.) spoil the show, b.) potentially spoil the books.

Also, Kit Harrington isn't going to say "oh yeah, I'm in next season" (despite his contract running through s7) because that would a.) spoil the show, b.) potentially spoil the books.
Exactly. And I love everyone saying "Oh well he cut his hair."

If only there was some way for people to get around haircuts in show business, maybe people would stop, ahem, wigging out about that.

One more thing that my brother pointed out: Kit Harington only said "I'm not going to be on the show next season."

So...maybe they keep Jon Snow sidelined for a year, like they did with Bran this year, and bring him back for what will presumably be the final season in two years?

It's pretty clear he is Jon Targaryen, otherwise the Kingsguard wouldn't have been protecting him and Lyanna at the Tower of Joy.

One more thing that my brother pointed out: Kit Harington only said "I'm not going to be on the show next season."

So...maybe they keep Jon Snow sidelined for a year, like they did with Bran this year, and bring him back for what will presumably be the final season in two years?
Is the show ending its run next year? I think I saw something to that effect It would seem to me that HBO would want the biggest attraction it has to continue ALAP.Cost is absorbed by a ton of computer .

Is the show ending its run next year? I think I saw something to that effect It would seem to me that HBO would want the biggest attraction it has to continue ALAP.Cost is absorbed by a ton of computer .
No, they have at least two more seasons. Season seven will probably be the last season, but it's not clear.

It's pretty clear he is Jon Targaryen, otherwise the Kingsguard wouldn't have been protecting him and Lyanna at the Tower of Joy.

i believe he's jon targaryen but weren't the kingsguard there because she was a prisoner?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom