Gottlick... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Gottlick...

Talk about not paying one's dues. He's never coached but is being considered for a P5 head coaching job? Hmm. He's doing it all backwards. Coaches become broadcasters after their careers are pretty much over , yet he goes into broadcasting to get into coaching.

Wouldn't it be great though if Gottlieb did become a coach and JB took a broadcasting job after he leaves coaching? Would love to hear his commentary and analysis and Gottlieb's reaction if the roles were reversed.

Please schedule Oklahoma State NOW!!! And make sure we play them outside of the entire tri-state area, New England, and the entire Province of Ontario...oh, and most of Florida. That way when we stomp them, he can't blame it on us having a home game.
Can't be on an aircraft carrier, either.

So his brother has been an assistant coach forever, but Doug gets hired as a head coach based on broadcasting? I wonder if he brings his brother in, currently an assistant along with Stevie at Oregon State.

I remember hating Douche Gottlieb ever since he picked us apart as the PG for OK State in the fisrst round of the tourney. I think it was 97, or 98. He had 11 assists.

I remember hating Douche Gottlieb ever since he picked us apart as the PG for OK State in the fisrst round of the tourney. I think it was 97, or 98. He had 11 assists.

1999. We were the first game the first day and the first team eliminated. Ugh.

I liked BT when he was on the radio in NYC. I haven't followed his career since. I can't imagine Tiki being that good.

I like Bt, never really heard Tiki all that much.

It's amazing how he takes such pride in beating a mediocre at best Syracuse team.

He scored 1 point. 11 assists...cool. If you refuse to shoot and just pass it to the good players all game, you'll get some assists. Jason Hart had 17, so his defense wasn't even that good.

To sum it up, he was nobody. Desmond Mason was tough though.

From an assistant at a Mid-Major in March 2016 to the Head Coach of a P5 by March 2017. Oklahoma St going on the cheap it seems.

Agree. I found the hire rather uninspiring.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom