Gottlieb clearly knows nothing | Syracusefan.com

Gottlieb clearly knows nothing

Cuse4

Scout Team
talking about cuse during the temple/w.mich game ... other commentator(not sure who it is) says he's not sure if cuse has a go to guy at the end of a game ... so of course kris is brought up ... n he goes Kris needs to get back his shooting stroke from 2 years ago ... if anything his jumper has vastly improved from 2 years ago ... then he says that carter-williams has earned time on the court at the end of game situations ... ummmm how? Anyways I'm more than happy with Kris and Dion with the ball at the end of games

I don't know about his shooting stroke but I definitely feel that Kris was much more explosive a few years ago. But that might have been because he was coming off the bench and not the primary focus of the offense. Right now the D's seem to be so tightly packed in because of our lack of outside shooting so there are no driving lanes for Kris. Hopefully that is reversed by the end of the year.

Anybody could do that job. "Oh UNC they're one of my favorites. I think Bullock is a good shooter. Barnes can take over games. Should be tough to beat." - captain obvious

I would say that at the end of the game, if we're playing M2M, maybe not this year, but next year, MCW should be on the court on the opposing team's best player

Anybody could do that job. "Oh UNC they're one of my favorites. I think Bullock is a good shooter. Barnes can take over games. Should be tough to beat." - captain obvious
Exactly. It's nothing but BS'ing and hyperbole. Making stuff up as you go based on general observations and packing as many cliches in there as possible.

I agree, but you would think with all the controversy that surrounds him and cuse, he would have more knowledge

talking about cuse during the temple/w.mich game ... other commentator(not sure who it is) says he's not sure if cuse has a go to guy at the end of a game ... so of course kris is brought up ... n he goes Kris needs to get back his shooting stroke from 2 years ago ... if anything his jumper has vastly improved from 2 years ago ... then he says that carter-williams has earned time on the court at the end of game situations ... ummmm how? Anyways I'm more than happy with Kris and Dion with the ball at the end of games
What else is new; he hasn't liked Syracuse ever since he left ND and we had no scholly for him.

Not a Gottlieb fan but I think he gets way too much negative attention (if you don't like him ignore him). That said, that comment is pretty indefensible. I'm one of K-Jo's biggest critics but even I can acknowledge that his outside game is vastly improved. It's the absence of his slashing game that worries me (anyone can shoot, not everyone could penetrate to the hoop like he did 2 years ago ... we need more of that).

Well, Gottlieb knows at least one thing: How to get SU fans to react.

Yepper, he went to the cowherd school of annoying...it always gets the e-mails and phone calls and it's what he has to do so he can keep his job.

Kris was a great finisher and poor shooter 2 years ago. Now he's a poor finisher and good to very good shooter. Bad analysis by Gottlieb.

I don't mind Gottlieb as much as most, because I think he's a lot more accurate with his analysis in many cases than most would admit, but if that's what he said about Kris, he's an idiot.

kris is most definetly not a poor finisher now.
This.

Kris appears to be off to a great start both shooting from the perimeter and taking it to the basket. Not sure how anyone who's watched the games could say otherwise. I'm beginning to think that he's being taken for granted. For a 4 year player who's been a key to some very good teams and a tremendous ambassador for the program, it seems like he gets an awful lot of grief.

I don't mind Gottlieb as much as most, because I think he's a lot more accurate with his analysis in many cases than most would admit, but if that's what he said about Kris, he's an idiot.

Gottlieb on the radio I like. Gottlieb on the TV I hate. I haven't quite put my finger on the difference, but it seems like on TV his stances are far more extreme or something.

The comment on KJo though, as everyone else is saying, is absurd.

What else is new; he hasn't liked Syracuse ever since he left ND and we had no scholly for him.

Not true. He was (maybe still is) a bit of a turd but over the last 2-3 seasons he's given Cuse as much love as most... before then it did seem like he had an axe to grind. In this case he was clearly talking without much thinking but he is much more in-the-know than most of his peers. He can be tough to listen to and I prefer most others but this anti-SU argument is old news and just isn't true anymore.

Gottlieb is so smarmy and comes across like a finance director at a car dealership. His personality is a far cry from being charasmatic in any way whatsoever and his knowledge of the game seems to be a long way from insightful. With all of the former players who are articulate and knowedgeable it seems like there would be many that would be much better as commentators than he will ever be. His comments about KJ are the perfect example of how he simply regurgatates worn out and tired memes sprinked with cliches.

Maybe hes right and we will need a go to guy come big east play. But come march we let teams be close to us :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom