Gottlieb on SU: | Syracusefan.com

Gottlieb on SU:

injuries or not you cant be losing to bc and georgia tech at home. those arent even bubble teams playing for their tourny hopes. those are BAD teams playing out the string.
I agree. Talent wise we should be able to handle those teams with or without Grant.

However, when you have a kid who plays 35+mpg on a team that doesn't use a lot of subs, it can hurt the chemistry. Not as in the don't like playing with Silent G or BMK more; but they aren't used to it. They're used to Grant, what he does, his reboudning ability, where he is on offense. It takes time to adjust to that player not being there and losing what that player does. There's definitely a period that you need to get used to the change.

I've NEVER understood the hate that many have always had for Gottleib. He tells it like it is, and knows his stuff. Unfortunately people get all defensive whenever something negative comes about, regardless of validity.

I've NEVER understood the hate that many have always had for Gottleib. He tells it like it is, and knows his stuff. Unfortunately people get all defensive whenever something negative comes about, regardless of validity.
I agree, in general. I think there have been times when SU fans have given him an undeserved hard time which caused him to go a little over the top with his criticisms.

it's definitely been a back and forth - SU fans have been overly sensitive/paranoid and dougie has trolled pretty hard at times as well

Ya he definitely isn't above trolling. And we're a pretty easy bunch to troll.
I like him when he talks Xs&Os, which isn't often enough. The espnu podcast was much better w/ him than Greenberg.

I'd give this 5 "likes" if I could.
Gottlieb's analysis is excellent.
He and Bilas are generally the two most knowledgeable, prepared and straight up color commentators around.
(If only they'd stop talking down to the audience).

There are a number of people who only want to hear good things about the team.
So anyone who dares opine a negative thought must be an enemy and must be reviled.

Bilas is a Costas wannabe. Oh!
Not to be rude, but you cannot be serious. Costas is a quality announcer, but Bilas isn't trying to be Costas at all. To be honest, I'm less fond of Costas over the last 5 years. He ventures too far into politics, etc. If Costas wasn't an SU grad, I think I wouldn't like him at all.

Hopefully Bilas isn't becoming a Bobby Flay or Michael Symon type figure. He needs to stop doing those stupid Wooden Award commercials and the Dove for Men ones as well.

Gottlieb brings on his own hate. Trolling and making up stuff will do that.

Everybody loved Bilas last year. This year he stinks because his opinion is different than ours?

Gottlieb has an edge to him, which I like, but he tells like it is, other than what happened in 2007, I have no problem with him.

GoHamSU said:

Absolutely 100% correct. If it's anti-SU, the person must be awful. And cue a certain set of specific posters...here we go.

44cuse

Lol "no guaranteed future first round picks on this team". yeah right Doug. The guy is not good at his job let's stop sugar coating it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom