All American
By my count, at best we have 6 guys returning:
1 Howard
2 Battle
3/4/5 Lydon
3 Moyer
4 Thompson
5 Chukwu

History suggests at least one of these guys will go pro, transfer, or get injured. It seems like Battle or Lydon are the most likely candidates for early departure. So let's assume we have 5 returning players.

With most of the top shelf, immediate impact HS players already spoken for, do we just bring in a large freshman class (4-5 kids) without a true stud and just play the long game for the 2018-19 season? Or are we more likely to also go back to the 5th year transfer route?

By my count, at best we have 6 guys returning:
1 Howard
2 Battle
3/4/5 Lydon
3 Moyer
4 Thompson
5 Chukwu

History suggests at least one of these guys will go pro, transfer, or get injured. It seems like Battle or Lydon are the most likely candidates for early departure. So let's assume we have 5 returning players.

With most of the top shelf, immediate impact HS players already spoken for, do we just bring in a large freshman class (4-5 kids) without a true stud and just play the long game for the 2018-19 season? Or are we more likely to also go back to the 5th year transfer route?
I don't know if we will lose anyone early this year.

There will be more grad transfers, by necessity.
My fear is that most grad xfers will come from M2M teams and will not immediately gel with the rest of the team and our 2-3 zone. For some of our players, it took over a year to get it down. That is why JB used to like developing his kids from scratch. Just my $00.02

I like Battle, but not sure why he'd be on the NBA radar right now. He's had one good game all year, against North Florida. So far he's been a spot up shooter and that's about it.

If he gets to the NBA's radar, that's probably a good thing for our team this year.

We have 2 inside players committed to come; with Lydon returning (seems probable), Thompson's development (highly probable), and Moyer, we are in decent shape in the frontcourt.

The major needs are a PG and a wing who can shoot. We have offers out to candidates for those roles, one of whom would need to reclassify to the 2017 class. With the way this year is going ...

I hope to god not.

I hope this is the end of the 5th year guy thing, well, at getting two of them at a time.

The thing I really want to stop hearing is "we'll just get a JUCO guy". JUCO guys suck.

I hope this is the end of the 5th year guy thing, well, at getting two of them at a time.

The thing I really want to stop hearing is "we'll just get a JUCO guy". JUCO guys suck.

Kristof Onganaet says "Hi!"

Kristof+Ongenaet+East+Tournament+Semifinals+LHR7FJf-QUBl.jpg

No offense to you, I just really liked the guy.

It's okay we have another guy whose name I can't really pronounce who should have epic practices with Chukwu. Hopefully by 2020 they can actually get on the court :).

Not a necessity.

I'm still hopeful we'll pick up a good PG or SG. That give us

G: Howard, Battle, 4 star Somebody
F: Lydon (if he keeps playing like he has), TT, Moyer
C: Chukwu, Sidibe

That gives us a 7.5 man rotation, which we know JB loves. We'll probably be grabbing another forward, too.

Not a necessity.

That gives us a 7.5 man rotation, which we know JB loves. We'll probably be grabbing another forward, too.

We signed Oshae Brissett already.

Do none of you long time posters know how to click on the recruiting board?

Not a necessity.

scary

I meander over there every now and then. I just forgot about him because I don't think he's expected to play right away.

I meander over there every now and then. I just forgot about him because I don't think he's expected to play right away.

That was more toward the person who started the thread. If Lydon is here next year, I bet he or Thompson start at the 5 unless Chuwku shows dramatic improvement.

Imagine if the NCAA didn't bone Diagne and we had him on this team? The Center situation would be completely different. Oh what could've been.

Need a wing scorer (which could be Battle* with a SG recruit). I thought Moyer was more PF than SF.
EDITED TO ADD: Forgot about Brissett, too.

*based on previous SU history, I'm not convinced he stays.

Next year we 5 returning scholarship players (if nobody leaves) plus:
6. Moyer (RS)
7. Brissett
8. Sidibi

So we have to add at least 2 which come from:
- foreign player(s)
- additional freshmen recruits (probably 3 stars)
- 5th year grad transfer(s)

If there's an unheralded kid we think is a sleeper fine but I hope we don't take 2-3 and clog up the 'ships just to bring in bench bodies which reduce our recruiting flexibility for higher level guys in the future.

Next year we 5 returning scholarship players (if nobody leaves) plus:
6. Moyer (RS)
7. Brissett
8. Sidibi

So we have to add at least 2 which come from:
- foreign player(s)
- additional freshmen recruits (probably 3 stars)
- 5th year grad transfer(s)

If there's an unheralded kid we think is a sleeper fine but I hope we don't take 2-3 and clog up the 'ships just to bring in bench bodies which reduce our recruiting flexibility for higher level guys in the future.

So you think we're out of the running for any 4-star recruits? I'm a casual follower of college basketball recruiting, and I know we went all-in on Quade, but I have to imagine there are still some good 4-stars we could go after.

I have to remind myself to. I wish we hadn't separated it out from this regular Basketball board.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
McCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom