Grad transfers for 2019 | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Grad transfers for 2019

Fwiw there seems to be some interest by the staff...at least they are following him.

Good. I think the kid could be amazing here. Just have to make sure we would room for him, incoming 2019 kids still being pursued, and grad transfers/JUCOs at positions of greater need.

Good. I think the kid could be amazing here. Just have to make sure we would room for him, incoming 2019 kids still being pursued, and grad transfers/JUCOs at positions of greater need.
Right now there are two spots open with Hewett not yet signing and not counting Shy. It just depends on attrition. Maybe that is part of the reason it doesn't seem that there are any visits taking place this weekend.

We'll see.

I can post an article from sports illustrated last week calling him the greatest "free agent" of this fifth-year transfer era. If he ends up Maryland, I'd be shocked. Flat out shocked.. He has way bigger and better opportunities in front of him.

I wouldn’t be shocked. They’re going to give him the keys to the kingdom.

I wouldn’t be shocked. They’re going to give him the keys to the kingdom.

He'll get the keys to the kingdom anywhere he goes.

He's been to three straight championship games -- he isn't going to want to go to a team that might not qualify for a bowl. ESPECIALLY when he'll have other blue chip programs knocking down his door.

He'll get the keys to the kingdom anywhere he goes.

He's been to three straight championship games -- he isn't going to want to go to a team that might not qualify for a bowl. ESPECIALLY when he'll have other blue chip programs knocking down his door.

You might be surprised. I'll be a little surprised if he doesn't end up at Maryland. Only reason being if he was all about winning and such, he'd stay at Alabama. And I could see a scenario where he thinks he can single handedly take a team to a bowl anyway.

Report: Jalen Hurts had visit with Miami coaches

Jalen Hurts is having himself quite a weekend.
The Alabama Crimson Tide quarterback is seeking a new college football program as a graduate transfer and has begun his process of evaluating teams. He visited with Maryland on Friday, Oklahoma on Saturday, and Sunday was his day in Miami.
According The Athletic’s Manny Navarro, Hurts met with Miami’s coaches and had dinner at Prime 112, a posh Miami steakhouse.

Mostly started at OG for the Canes in 2018, though he started at C in their bowl game. He is their version of Sam Heckel. Only has one year of eligibility left.

Went to Malvern Prep, just outside of Philly. Alma mater of Ryan Nassib, Brendan Carney and a number of other BCS level players in recent years. It is a school we need to recruit better, definitely one of the best at producing BCS players in the Northeast.

That said, I would think if we take an OL grad transfer, it would be an OT, so Servais can stay at C and Heckel and Adams can be the OGs.

Report: Jalen Hurts had visit with Miami coaches

Jalen Hurts is having himself quite a weekend.
The Alabama Crimson Tide quarterback is seeking a new college football program as a graduate transfer and has begun his process of evaluating teams. He visited with Maryland on Friday, Oklahoma on Saturday, and Sunday was his day in Miami.
According The Athletic’s Manny Navarro, Hurts met with Miami’s coaches and had dinner at Prime 112, a posh Miami steakhouse.

I don't know how any QB with a good chance of starting would not want to go to OU to play for Riley, two straight Heisman QBs is quite the selling point

I don't know how any QB with a good chance of starting would not want to go to OU to play for Riley, two straight Heisman QBs is quite the selling point
The most difficulty in this type situation is having so many top QBs wanting to go to your program is to pick the right one for your program and not letting top talent get away and starring for your competition.

Annnd, just like that, two more flee Unhappy Valley. Including an OL who might interest us:

Two more Penn State players enter the NCAA transfer portal, report says, bringing public total to 8

By my count, that's 15 who have left the program with eligibility remaining.

The Athletic reports that schools can cancel a player’s scholarship once his name goes into the portal, so it’s more likely than not that players who enter the database will decide to move on.

Interesting. Didn’t know this.

This kid might be interesting. Ped state kid was 3rd string, Miami kid guard... Not too many OTs transferring. (Corrections welcome)

If there were 7 or 8 OLine ready last year(HCDB) We're at 4 or 5 today, with time for improvement. Need 3+ more ready, and at least 2 at OT.

Mostly started at OG for the Canes in 2018, though he started at C in their bowl game. He is their version of Sam Heckel. Only has one year of eligibility left.

Went to Malvern Prep, just outside of Philly. Alma mater of Ryan Nassib, Brendan Carney and a number of other BCS level players in recent years. It is a school we need to recruit better, definitely one of the best at producing BCS players in the Northeast.

That said, I would think if we take an OL grad transfer, it would be an OT, so Servais can stay at C and Heckel and Adams can be the OGs.
Instill think our best tackle is servais. We will see what they do.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom