Grade Brent Axe for the radio | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Grade Brent Axe for the radio

B- which is pretty good for Syracuse market. Danny Parkins was my favorite. Did an awesome job on football during early Marrone years. I had stopped watching religiously during GRob. Danny and Doug saved me.

What did you think of Brent's post game summaries? I think they are pretty good:

By all accounts Brent is a real nice guy, does a good job getting interviews, and is enthusiastic with his coverage.

This might not be fair, but I seldom hear original insights or analysis from him and I'm guessing this is because he does not know the game very well at all (basketball or football).

I think Brent gets a lot of heat locally because in their opinion he doesn’t criticize the fans whipping boys and he’s too soft on JB.
So like pretty much everyone else in the local media.

By all accounts Brent is a real nice guy, does a good job getting interviews, and is enthusiastic with his coverage.

This might not be fair, but I seldom hear original insights or analysis from him and I'm guessing this is because he does not know the game very well at all (basketball or football).

Agree. I can only reference his columns as I don't listen to Syracuse radio. But they are good recaps but I rarely learn more about the game by reading him.

He's a good guy.. knowledgable ... and he cares. We all don't have "good radio voices." And some HOFers couldn't hit curve balls. Why do some folks focus on negatives?
Not negative, his show just isn’t for me, I think this is an opinion thread of grading his performance. Is