Class of 2019 - Graham Blake (CA) Flipped to Harvard | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 Graham Blake (CA) Flipped to Harvard

DiaiYg5WAAA4sC5.jpg

Inaugural Midnight Mania: O'Neill's Highlight Goal, 12 Standouts, Box Scores

This kid has absolutely torn up the summer circuit & a PG year is going to do him wonders coming out of Cali.

Graham Blake | A | Marin Catholic (Calif.) | Thunder LB3 | Syracuse
Blake did a really good job getting to the front of the cage and his sweet spots, showing explosiveness and lacrosse IQ down the stretch. A rising senior who will PG before joining the Orange, he had a handful of nice feeds (whether they were caught or not), keeping his head up at all times. His best of the goal of the night was called back, getting his hands free and burying one top left.

Inaugural Midnight Mania: O'Neill's Highlight Goal, 12 Standouts, Box Scores

This kid has absolutely torn up the summer circuit & a PG year is going to do him wonders coming out of Cali.

Graham Blake | A | Marin Catholic (Calif.) | Thunder LB3 | Syracuse
Blake did a really good job getting to the front of the cage and his sweet spots, showing explosiveness and lacrosse IQ down the stretch. A rising senior who will PG before joining the Orange, he had a handful of nice feeds (whether they were caught or not), keeping his head up at all times. His best of the goal of the night was called back, getting his hands free and burying one top left.
Anyone catch where he’s going?

Reading the write-up, I’m pretty sure he’s technically a ‘19 so he’ll play his senior season this year at Marin Catholic & then PG. He may not have decided on his PG destination yet.

This kid is an ABSOLUTE legend for the opening song on this highlight tape.

Also the shot at the 3:53 mark on the tape is absurd.

Last edited:
That sucks. This class is strange right now. All offensive players and the two lefty attackmen (Hay and Maher) look like really good.

That sucks. This class is strange right now. All offensive players and the two lefty attackmen (Hay and Maher) look like really good.
Although I am excited that we're back to recruiting players that actually have a HS lacrosse resume.

Fairly surprising, family is very tight with Liam Banks and I know Graham has been in Syracuse this past summer working out with Dylan Donahue. Curious to see if there is more to the story.

Rather simple n understandable to decommit from us n most other colleges when the opportunity to attend a prestigious IVY presents itself. Bigger pic than lax..

He's not going to prep school anymore.
Weird that he planned to take a PG year to go to Cuse but didn't need it to go to Harvard. Wonder if Harvard was the 1st choice all along and... Syracuse was the safety school!

[conspiracy theory]

Last edited:
If you have the chance to trade lacrosse for a Harvard education, you make that trade all day long. Best of luck kid.

Next man up.

I see the value of going to Harvard and having that degree. However if you have the grades, Harvard will be there when you graduate from Syracuse.

To me if your smart enough it doesn't matter where you get your undergrad as much. Grades, extracurricular, and skill speak for themselves.

All that being said he may just want to go to Harvard more than Syracuse. Good luck losing to Yale for four years (me just being salty we lost a really good player :bat:)

I see the value of going to Harvard and having that degree. However if you have the grades, Harvard will be there when you graduate from Syracuse.

To me if your smart enough it doesn't matter where you get your undergrad as much. Grades, extracurricular, and skill speak for themselves.

All that being said he may just want to go to Harvard more than Syracuse. Good luck losing to Yale for four years (me just being salty we lost a really good player :bat:)

There’s also a high probability that he’ll pay less to attend Harvard than he would SU.

The Ivies (especially Harvard & Yale) are starting a trend using their massive endowments to pay for student tuition.

This helps them attract top prospective students by selling no/less debt post graduation.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom