Graham, Jones and S. Thomas | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Graham, Jones and S. Thomas

Yikes. Does Graham really feel what he did warrants even an undrafted free agent signing? Does the name Taj Smith ring a bell? He was a better WR than Dorian, left, went undrafted, and has been a practice squad and rare game player in the four years since he left. He got to the league, good for him, but made the news for a single blocked punt return for a TD, and a drop of a pass in preseason that basically got him cut. Lots of great athletes with better resumes than him have failed. He definitely has the physical skills, but he's not shown anything on the field to prove he belongs in the pros.

Kev

Could be Graham feels like his draft status won't improve anymore next year and is ready to move on from college. Couldnt really fault him for either of those. It's worth a shot to test the waters even if its a long shot.

Chan would likely get drafted but would be much higher in another year.

Shamarko is an intruiging prospect at least. He's strong enough, big enough and fast enough for the NFL. Not sure his game is there yet. Wonder if he's concerned about getting passed on the depth chart or if he would just rather not play if it's not beside Phil T?

If I were coaching college football I would encourage my juniors to test the NFL. It is a great opportunity to see what you need to improve upon. Maybe Chan will get good news and be drafted in first four rounds. Would it hurt Syracuse next year if Jones was gone, yeah but SU needs to keep getting guys to NFL. High school kids that I know or have coached are watching the NFL on Sundays not college fb on Sat. Most 15-18 year olds know where guys played college by the 20 second intro of the offense or defense at the beginning of every NFL game. We need guys playing on Sundays to be more appealing to high school kids. A little off the point sorry. Anyone who has a chance to be drafted should at least test waters. Football is a violent sport and it can all be over in a second. Grab the money when you can.

That hurts. Sales returning looms large now.

My God, those trolls in the comments section of the PS article are something else. I would imagine Dorian is taking his degree with him, he's been here 4 years. See if the NFL has any interest, if not, move on professionally in some other capacity, which more than can be said for the people making those comments.

Wish he was coming back, but if not, wish him the best.

Maybe he was upset the team basically forgot about him after he showed some ability in the middle of the year.

I really do not think that Grahm is that huge of a loss besides on special teams. We will miss him there, but as far as WR. IF Sales comes back, paired with Lemon that is solid. Then we have the young guys like West, Foster Kobena(Maybe), Hale to fight it out. It was always said he could stretch the field. but when did he?

I'm having a hard time believing Chandler Jones goes pro given that run in the Pitt game. He needs a year to get healthy and pad his stats.

Who knows, maybe somebody can talk to sense into him, because if he is thinking the NFL, he is in for a rude awakening. Same for the other two.

Maybe he is opting out.

44cuse

Confirmed, 100% player decision.

Not buying it. When Mike Williams left SU, it was pretty much confirmed that he quit... About year or two later, he finally admitted he got kicked off the team... If Doug wanted Graham, why would he not recruit and talk him to staying for one more year??? There is still time to talk him... Like I said, great player? No. But a solid contributor who will add depth to our WRs and Special Team. Yes. We may burn redshirt year for incoming freshman. I could understand this if we had great line of young WRs waiting on the wing to contribute. However, Doug has not recruited those players. We just have bunch of unproven 2 star recruits waiting on the wing.

For example, our OL Zach Chibane played about 20-30 plays his true freshman year. Doug didn't invite back our starting OL from previous year Jim Mckenzie and Tucker Baumbach for 5th year... We only had about 70-75 scholarship players that year. He could easily have kept those 2 players for one more year and Chibane could have redshirted. Now, next year will be Chibane's last year. Imagine how good he could be in 2 years. Chibane's redshirt year was burned IMO.

I don't disagree with not inviting players back for 5th year if there is no chance of contributing or adding depth. However, I have not seen or heard of a school where they don't invite players back if they were starters or big time contributors.

There are tons of question marks to how Doug Marrone has run this program since the day he was hired. He has not answered them verbally nor has he shown any coaching skill or recruiting skill to answer those questions. Just my opinion. Feel free to agree or disagree.

Nothing good happens at 2:50 in the morning. If true, very perplexing. I think Graham was our 2nd best receiver this year and one of our top special teamers. Then next year we're going to say it's not Marrone's fault we're terrible on special teams-We're young and shorthanded.

This is the most puzzling post in the thread. : )

We must be on different schedules.

Not buying it. When Mike Williams left SU, it was pretty much confirmed that he quit... About year or two later, he finally admitted he got kicked off the team... If Doug wanted Graham, why would he not recruit and talk him to staying for one more year??? There is still time to talk him... Like I said, great player? No. But a solid contributor who will add depth to our WRs and Special Team. Yes. We may burn redshirt year for incoming freshman. I could understand this if we had great line of young WRs waiting on the wing to contribute. However, Doug has not recruited those players. We just have bunch of unproven 2 star recruits waiting on the wing.

For example, our OL Zach Chibane played about 20-30 plays his true freshman year. Doug didn't invite back our starting OL from previous year Jim Mckenzie and Tucker Baumbach for 5th year... We only had about 70-75 scholarship players that year. He could easily have kept those 2 players for one more year and Chibane could have redshirted. Now, next year will be Chibane's last year. Imagine how good he could be in 2 years. Chibane's redshirt year was burned IMO.

I don't disagree with not inviting players back for 5th year if there is no chance of contributing or adding depth. However, I have not seen or heard of a school where they don't invite players back if they were starters or big time contributors.

There are tons of question marks to how Doug Marrone has run this program since the day he was hired. He has not answered them verbally nor has he shown any coaching skill or recruiting skill to answer those questions. Just my opinion. Feel free to agree or disagree.

Good lord.

http://youtu.be/WtNHuqHWefU

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom