Grant DNP for Sixers in first preseason game | Syracusefan.com

Grant DNP for Sixers in first preseason game

Cuse_NYC

Starter
Ankle sprain... and obviously MCW out with the shoulder

So will neither be playing in the game at the Dome next week?

Michael Carter-Williams (shoulder) said on Monday that he can play right now.
"If it was truly up to me I will be on the court right now," Carter-Williams said. He is going to miss most of training camp and it's possible he misses some of the regular season. Tony Wroten will get the starter's reps at camp and is on the radar as a late-round pick. Sep 29 - 12:17 PM

Jerami Grant (right ankle) will not play against the Celtics on Monday.
He also had some dehydration issues last week and the severity of his ankle sprain is not known. Grant didn't look great at summer league and he'll have a tough time getting minutes even in Philly's razor-thin frontcourt. Oct 6 - 12:52 PM

Jerami Grant (right ankle) will not play against the Celtics on Monday.
He also had some dehydration issues last week and the severity of his ankle sprain is not known. Grant didn't look great at summer league and he'll have a tough time getting minutes even in Philly's razor-thin frontcourt. Oct 6 - 12:52 PM

yikes! i read on here last week when he signed a 2 year fully guaranteed contract it was a foregone conclusion that he was going to start!

something screams to me that there is no way that 2nd year is guaranteed.

yikes! i read on here last week when he signed a 2 year fully guaranteed contract it was a foregone conclusion that he was going to start!

something screams to me that there is no way that 2nd year is guaranteed.

Sorry if this was already posted, but it offers a very interesting explanation of Grant's contract.

He is getting years 1 and 2 guaranteed at more than 45% more than the league minimum for those two years, which is slightly less than what he would have gotten had he been the last pick in the first round. However, the club gets a club option at that same rate for years 3 and 4. Whether you like this deal really depends on what Jerami believes his prospects are. It's almost as thought Grant is saying he doesn't like the chances that he will make himself into something other than a league minimum kind of guy so he'll take the two guaranteed years and then deal with having bargained away any leverage if and when he's still with a club in Year 3.

Grant's Contract

Sorry if this was already posted, but it offers a very interesting explanation of Grant's contract.

He is getting years 1 and 2 guaranteed at more than 45% more than the league minimum for those two years, which is slightly less than what he would have gotten had he been the last pick in the first round. However, the club gets a club option at that same rate for years 3 and 4. Whether you like this deal really depends on what Jerami believes his prospects are. It's almost as thought Grant is saying he doesn't like the chances that he will make himself into something other than a league minimum kind of guy so he'll take the two guaranteed years and then deal with having bargained away any leverage if and when he's still with a club in Year 3.

Grant's Contract

interesting i did not see that.

Have to say, if I were Grant I would have done the same thing.

interesting i did not see that.

Have to say, if I were Grant I would have done the same thing.
lots of posts about how dumb he is.

1.7 million guaranteed before he's, what, 23?

you must have a lot of faith in Syracuse to bump up his draft stock really high if you think that's terrible

lots of posts about how dumb he is.

1.7 million guaranteed before he's, what, 23?

you must have a lot of faith in Syracuse to bump up his draft stock really high if you think that's terrible

I actually was only talking about the contract, not him staying.

He basically locked himself up for 4 yrs even if he blows up. There are 3 options with this contract:
1. he sucks and signed a good deal to get 2 years and gets cut
2. hes average and possibly gets the team options and its an OK/good contract
3. he becomes a starter or 6th man and the team uses both team options and its a bad contract.
3b. he becomes a star and this is the worst player deal of all time.

It is odd that he had the cajones to leave cuse early but not to sign a more player friendly contract

The one thing I'll say is t hat if he blows up and becomes a real good player, i bet Philly doesn't exercise both option years. I'd have to look at the details, but I think its more likely they'd decline the 4th option year and let him become a restricted FA so they could match any offer he gets (otherwise he could play out the 4th year and become an unrestricted fa). This could be similar to what happened with Chandler Parsons.

Which isn't to say you don't have a solid point, but if he becomes a good player, he's probably not going to be tied to that 4th year.

If he becomes a good player this contract doesn't matter because he will make his money on his second contract and be set for life. The relatively low options may help him stay in the league long enough to become a good player because he needs to develop skills and that takes time.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom