Grantland Most Hated College Hoops Player | Syracusefan.com

Grantland Most Hated College Hoops Player

Grantland is running a bracket to determine the most hated college hoops player of the last 30 years. Cuse is well represented in both the 80s and 00s bracket. I actually think Devo could make a Final 4 appearance!

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id...ated-college-basketball-players-last-30-years
Christian Laetnner and Joakim Noah WALK to the Finals. I think Noah might upset Laetnner just because his Dbagness was more recent. Neither of our guys make it past the 2nd round.
Also, Patrick Ewing can't read this post.

Christian Laetnner and Joakim Noah WALK to the Finals. I think Noah might upset Laetnner just because his Dbagness was more recent. Neither of our guys make it past the 2nd round.
Also, Patrick Ewing can't read this post.
You're probably right, but don't you think Devo could knock off Hansbrough? People outside of Cuse HATED Devo. Also, even though you're probably right about Noah, Craft is so current that it wouldn't shock me for him to pull off the upset - he's certainly the most hated right now.

You're probably right, but don't you think Devo could knock off Hansbrough? People outside of Cuse HATED Devo. Also, even though you're probably right about Noah, Craft is so current that it wouldn't shock me for him to pull off the upset - he's certainly the most hated right now.
Devo was hated for the 8 mile routine, but he won't be able to beat Psycho T. Hansbrough was more known nationally, Devo might carry the Big East region, but Hansbrough will carry the rest of the nation. I am shocked Hansbrough was a 1 seed over Noah. Noah was despised a lot for his routine, Hansbrough was just a clumsy kid who was hated because of his school and success. I also LOVE the fact Duke has its own region, Rembert Brown or whomever came up with that idea pure genius.

Serious question and not just because I'm an SU fan: who actually ever hated Sherman Douglas? I was floored to see him listed.

... Hansbrough was just a clumsy kid who was hated because of his school and success.
And for being constantly sucked off by the national media. Bristol loved fawning over that kid as much as they did Tebow.

Devo was hated for the 8 mile routine, but he won't be able to beat Psycho T. Hansbrough was more known nationally, Devo might carry the Big East region, but Hansbrough will carry the rest of the nation. I am shocked Hansbrough was a 1 seed over Noah. Noah was despised a lot for his routine, Hansbrough was just a clumsy kid who was hated because of his school and success. I also LOVE the fact Duke has its own region, Rembert Brown or whomever came up with that idea pure genius.

I suppose I'm just looking for some way that Cuse can be represented in the Final 4 this year!

I don't think that many people outside of Big East even knew Devendorf that much. Syracuse was "relatively" irrelevant on the national stage for most of the Devo era. Hansborough runs him over.

Hansbrough is one of the most hated players in the NBA. Really dirty player.

Serious question and not just because I'm an SU fan: who actually ever hated Sherman Douglas? I was floored to see him listed.

Yeah that is crazy. What did he ever do to deserve that?

And I don't understand why a lot of people hate Craft. I love watching that guy play and really respect him. He's just a very tough competitor.

I agree that makes no sense and I've never heard that.

I bet JJ Reddick gets some serious votes. Devo is interesting in that, although I don't see him winning it all, he was one of those players that while a lot of BE fans hated him, a lot of his own fans did as well.

I agree - that was bizarre.

Also, other than the fact he went to Duke, I can't think of a single unlikeable quality about Shane Battier.

I agree - that was bizarre.

Also, other than the fact he went to Duke, I can't think of a single unlikeable quality about Shane Battier.

He was a flopper of epic proportions but yeah otherwise seemed like a decent guy.

Can't we replace Sherman with someone like, I don't know, KEITH SMART?! Sorry I posted his name. I'll go say 12 Our Fathers and half a dozen Hail Marys.

I don't get it. I actually liked most of those players. Seriously. Aside from Michael Graham, there's not one player there I could say I hated (and that was for a Syracuse-specific reason).

The best part about that bracket is Duke has it's own region!

Love it!

He was a flopper of epic proportions but yeah otherwise seemed like a decent guy.

They should have named the charge circle after Battier

Why Kirk Hinrich? Loved watching that kid play when not against us. Still can see him getting the ball after a made basket and pushing the tempo. Wish we had a guy just like him right now.