Grantland Power Rankings | Syracusefan.com

Grantland Power Rankings

I actually thought it was a funny write-up. And to have us ranked 3 is fine with me. Might be an over-ranking if the Detroit game wasn't a fluke.

Cheers,
Neil

"Butler used the same game plan they've used for years. They were precise and fundamentally sound on offense and they packed it in and played physical defense inspired by the axiom that the refs can't call a foul on every possession."

YUP

meanwhile, Luke Winn dropped SU one spot - from 7 to 8 - and for the second week in a row had nothing at all to say about the team in his write up.

He did take the opportunity to mention JB's post-game comments on gun control, although he used 2/3 of the space to highlight the comments of Jim Calhoun and Winthrop coach Pat Kelsey, too.

Normally not a big fan of GrantLand, but this was good:
The Shoplifter of the Week

Most of you have probably already heard this story, but in case you haven't, Michael Carter-Williams, Syracuse's starting point guard and in my opinion the second-best point guard in the country behind Trey Burke, was caught shoplifting a bathrobe and a pair of gloves on Saturday. (In related news, Carter-Williams is third in the country with an average of 3.4 steals per game.) It goes without saying that shoplifting anything is a terrible idea, especially when you're the starting point guard for the third-ranked team in the nation. But shoplifting a bathrobe is even more indefensible. I mean, I get the appeal of a bathrobe — it gives you something to wear when you want to lounge around the house or when you have houseguests and you'd like to cover your junk. I bought myself a bathrobe a few years ago for this very reason. But I only ended up wearing it once or twice, and it's currently collecting dust in my closet because as I got older, I learned a valuable lesson: When a real man is in his own house, he lets it breathe. So shame on you, MCW, for not only trying to steal a bathrobe, but for being too scared to make it clear to your roommates that you're the boss.
Anyway, when you see Syracuse play on the road and half of the home team's student section is wearing bathrobes, now you'll know why.

meanwhile, Luke Winn dropped SU one spot - from 7 to 8 - and for the second week in a row had nothing at all to say about the team in his write up.

He did take the opportunity to mention JB's post-game comments on gun control, although he used 2/3 of the space to highlight the comments of Jim Calhoun and Winthrop coach Pat Kelsey, too.
I don't get that at all. We haven't proved that much yet but he clearly has us higher than anyone else.

I don't get that at all. We haven't proved that much yet but he clearly has us higher than anyone else.
I don't follow you . . . . . . how can you say Winn has Syracuse higher than anyone else when SU consensus #2 in the Massey comparison ratings (where 35 of 39 rankings have SU rated higher than Winn) and consensus #3 in the ESPN power poll (with 17 of the 18 voters placing the Orange higher than Winn)

am I misunderstanding your post?

Christmas gift ideas for …
From Jason Kings Christmas wish list

Syracuse: $120 gift certificates to Lord & Taylor
Texas Tech and Rutgers: Capri Suns, orange slices and warm fuzzies
Tennessee: Hula hoops as replacements for rims
Gonzaga: The Big 12's automatic NCAA tournament berth, since they'll have defeated just about every team in the league other than Kansas, which will get a bid anyway.

Christmas gift ideas for …
From Jason Kings Christmas wish list

Syracuse: $120 gift certificates to Lord & Taylor
Texas Tech and Rutgers: Capri Suns, orange slices and warm fuzzies
Tennessee: Hula hoops as replacements for rims
Gonzaga: The Big 12's automatic NCAA tournament berth, since they'll have defeated just about every team in the league other than Kansas, which will get a bid anyway.

I gotta admit, that's pretty funny

"Butler used the same game plan they've used for years. They were precise and fundamentally sound on offense and they packed it in and played physical defense inspired by the axiom that the refs can't call a foul on every possession."

YUP

This is why I hate butler. It's a pathetic strategy. It's funny, Pitt does it and it bites them in the ass in the tournament. Butler does it and they get to two championship games. There's only one obvious difference between butler and Pitt to account for that.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2