Great Article On Uconn's Firing of Ollie | Syracusefan.com

Great Article On Uconn's Firing of Ollie

Yeah.

Its insane they are going to get away with this. You'd think other coaches would be mortified and would speak out for Ollie.

But even dodging this bullet they are still where they belong in the gutter.

Hard to believe they turned so harshly on a guy who won them a title.

Yeah.

Its insane they are going to get away with this. You'd think other coaches would be mortified and would speak out for Ollie.

But even dodging this bullet they are still where they belong in the gutter.

Hard to believe they turned so harshly on a guy who won them a title.
Who is an alumni as well. It blows my mind Hurley took that job. Maybe he thinks he can sell their past to kids and bring them back. I would have thought he could have gotten something better.

It blows my mind Hurley took that job. Maybe he thinks he can sell their past to kids and bring them back. I would have thought he could have gotten something better.

If nothing else - its a high-profile job. Any success he has there will be amplified because of that and because of how far they'd fallen. If he can't get it done then it could be spun that they were too far gone by the time he got there. I think its a win-win for him.

Honestly all he has to do is recruit well and he should be fine. He can coach, Ollie had issues in that area.

If nothing else - its a high-profile job. Any success he has there will be amplified because of that and because of how far they'd fallen. If he can't get it done then it could be spun that they were too far gone by the time he got there. I think its a win-win for him.

Honestly all he has to do is recruit well and he should be fine. He can coach, Ollie had issues in that area.
I don't know how high profile it is anymore. Is SMU a high profile football job? Rutgers is a better job. At least you can recruit NJ and be in the big 10. You are right when it doesn't work he can pretty easily point somewhere besides himself.

Dude ought to throw a claim of racial discrimination based upon disperate treatment.

I don't know how high profile it is anymore. Is SMU a high profile football job? Rutgers is a better job. At least you can recruit NJ and be in the big 10. You are right when it doesn't work he can pretty easily point somewhere besides himself.

People still think of UConn having 4 nattys. As long as that remains in the consciousness, it’s a high profile job. Now the farther they get away from that, the lower the profile goes but right now, in 2018, it’s a good job.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom