Great BE article | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Great BE article

That was the best thing I've ever read. Ever. For those of us who lived that era, it had to nearly bring a tear to your eye. It also explains why many of us, put Pearl on our all time favorite SU team over Sherm. Pearl had an aura that was indescribable. I was crushed when he left early...CRUSHED.

It hasn't felt the same for a while because it hasn't been. Star power and names that everyone knew for multiple seasons and multiple games.

Everything about the league and the sport has been more, more, more and it has resulted in less and less quality and interest.

There were a half dozen memorable moments in the last 10 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's not many in a league that has 18 teams, or whatever the number is.

It hasn't felt the same for a while because it hasn't been. Star power and names that everyone knew for multiple seasons and multiple games.

Everything about the league and the sport has been more, more, more and it has resulted in less and less quality and interest.

I think that holds true for the entire landscape of college and pro sports.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Loved the Pearl story. Remember watching him- no one was ever as one with the ball as he. The control he had with it was amazing- I can't recall anyone, pro or college with that same ability.
Watching him go full court, full steam, using nothing but crossovers and reverses will remain as a fresh memory as long as I live.

What an amazing read. I am sad to see it end.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom