Great Game by our Coaches | Syracusefan.com

Great Game by our Coaches

Niastri

Two Time Iggy Award Winner: Edwards for Three!
I think our coaches finally outcoached the other guys by a definitive margin.

We destroyed their nickel formation (they call it a stack...) all night. With our beast if a guy who is only short and 200. Our tight ends were too much to handle, mostly because their linebackers were in bad positions.

Our running game worked against this team better than most any other all year. We passed against the nickel, we ran against the nickel, we enjoyed their defense very much.

As for defense:

Does our big man Jones coming back matter so much?

Those of us who remember Dwight Freeney might say so... I think Jones had a huge game. He certainly was forgotten by WVU in their gameplan for tonight. He made only a few plays after they doubled him, but his impact was huge. What a great game.

It seemed to me the boys were giving better smacks tonight than in recent weeks. Lots of heads popping back. The interceptions were entirely the other boy being confused and scared. I am fairly certain confused and scared is our goal.

When it ends in interceptions, we are happy.

PS, I love to see coach Dan Conley on the sideline. He is bigger than most of our kids out there. Nice to see him help a WVU kid up after a nice hit by one of his linebackers. Coach Conley was one of the best players in the country back in the early Nineties. One of our better linebackers ever. I am glad that we have Marrone choosing guys who love the program come and coach for us.

Coach Hackett, who has been trashed on this board numerous times, called a great game. He picked apart the WV D; leaving them so out of position on plays that the TE was wide open.
Great play calling and fortunately great execution.
This is what the team is capable of.
Marrone and staff are very tough when they have time to prepare.

It should be noted that SU attempted 41 carries on the ground and not one ... NOT ONE carry went for negative yardage ... and no sacks allowed ... that is unreal!

Conley is the man. Love how he comes down and hangs with us at the tailgate after a win. Brought his kids last night. Great scene.

Yes, having Chandler Jones back matters that much. Chandler was always a good DE; now he is filled out to real legit size and is disruptive. #96 (Bromley) spent a lot of time in the WVa backfield as well -- just nice to see that the DL is getting pressure on its own.

The OL was pushing defenders around. Didn't hear Tiller's name much, but was doing some good work.

Coaches deserve a ton of credit! I doubt we'll hear Hackett and Adkins get called out this week. Great play calling and tremendous O-line play.

Coach Conley was one of the best players in the country back in the early Nineties. One of our better linebackers ever. I am glad that we have Marrone choosing guys who love the program come and coach for us.
You'll have to thank HCDM's predecessor for getting Conley back to Syracuse. Good move by Doug to keep him on the staff.

You'll have to thank HCDM's predecessor for getting Conley back to Syracuse. Good move by Doug to keep him on the staff.

I wish his knees held up that guy was one of my favorite players and just a beast on the gridiron.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom