GREAT game last night. I find I | Syracusefan.com

GREAT game last night. I find I

Capt. Tuttle

Living Legend
have a paradoxical relationship with Jeter. I respect the heck out of him, find my self fearing his at bats the most, yet I have to hate him. The numbers might not support it, and I never got to see how others played and impacted games, but he might be the greatest Yankee ever.
One the other side, my O's have another big SS, coming up at 3B, who looks like a future star. Manny Mania, baby.

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2

Well said. I can use your post verbatim in my world too.

I find I have a paradoxical relationship with Brady. I respect the heck out of him, find my self fearing his throws the most, yet I have to hate him. The numbers might not support it, and I never got to see how others played and impacted games, but he might be the greatest Patriot ever.

If the Yankees won last night, would've been huge for them. Verlander pitched last night, so the Yankees could roll out Sabbathia in Game 1 and not face Verlander.

As for Jeter; he's been a hell of a player, and he'd be the best player int he history of a lot of teams (I'm a Met fan, he'd be the best position player in the history of that team) but he picked a rough team to try and be the best player ever for.

Brady's numbers support being the best Pat. Jeter's "numbers" don't, though intangibles may swing things in his favor.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom